News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Newsmay AC8 Mini PC in review: A silent office PC with the Pentium N6005

Started by Redaktion, February 04, 2022, 09:17:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We took a closer look at the Newsmay AC8 based on Jasper Lake, so as to reveal what you can expect from the compact, fanless Mini PC. The Newsmay AC8 cuts a fine figure as a small office PC, we can tell you that much in advance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Newsmay-AC8-Mini-PC-in-review-A-silent-office-PC-with-the-Pentium-N6005.597438.0.html

Mister Ed

I really wish I'd run into this article before buying this thing.

Did the review staff have problems getting the front 3.5mm audio jacks to work?  I can't get them to work no matter what. Tried installing the Realtek ALC 700 drivers over the Intel SST drivers, but it didn't reveal the additional ports.  I may have a defective example.

It's too bad this mini PC isn't actual NUC form factor.  A buyer could at least use the NUC aftermarket ecosystem to customize this device if it were.

Barebooh

Vlad2

It's cooling can be improved by removing 2 antidust plastic meshes which block air flow and by changing thermopaste to some better. Also, Newsmay site has drivers pack which may improve some of its performance. As the device supports 2 RAM modules, so placing both for 2 channel RAM mode is useful for iGPU.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview