News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Exynos 2200 vs Snapdragon 8 Gen 1: Timely Cortex-A2 boost balances regional Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra chipsets

Started by Redaktion, February 01, 2022, 22:37:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New Geekbench records for the Exynos 2200 variant of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra have shown what the chip can do when its firing on all cylinders. Previous records had the Cortex-X2 core not pulling its weight, leaving a sizeable distance between the Samsung SoC and the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 in single-core compute performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Exynos-2200-vs-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-Timely-Cortex-A2-boost-balances-regional-Samsung-Galaxy-S22-Ultra-chipsets.597265.0.html

Marcusphonus

The tests doesn't matter.

It should tell you something when Samsung releases the new phones with SD chipset in their own home country, no one wasn't their exynos chipset.
And what's more important, and really the only thing that counts is HOW developers optimize their software to work with a certain SoC... And we all know it won't be exynos...

Since I live in Europe and have the Exynos SoC in my S20 ultra I can testify how truly inferior the Exynos process photos compared to the Snapdragon version. Just embarrassing how shitty the Exynos perform, every picture get blown highlights, early (just after release) portraits from the main camera looked like water paintings some seriously flawed software and the worst part, really weird halos around a lot of outlines especially portraits.
It's gotten better but still pretty disappointing results and really hate that that camera.

So i will wait till the phone been out for quite some time before i would even consider to buy the new ultra.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview