News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Fujitsu Lifebook A3510 review: An affordable office laptop with a maintenance flap

Started by Redaktion, January 31, 2022, 20:56:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Lifebook A3510 produces relatively low emissions, does not have a lot of weight (1.8 kg, ~4 lb) and also includes a DVD drive onboard. The operating system is Windows 10 Pro with the ability to upgrade to Windows 11. A positive feature is a maintenance flap that gives access to the SSD, RAM, and battery.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Fujitsu-Lifebook-A3510-review-An-affordable-office-laptop-with-a-maintenance-flap.596864.0.html

mjw149

I've got to hand it to you guys. You found a real unicorn!
- USB-C charging, sure
- DVD Drive! OMG!?
- Linux compatible!?

I feel like I have to meet these Fujitsu guys now, I think we'd really get along. You know, we probably both like Nirvana, Slackware and Initial D. We're a rare breed. It's a shame that there isn't a teal option, I think that would really fit.

kek

for how cheap it is, the only drawback here is the lack of backlit keyboard.

And yes, this is indeed an unicorn laptop. Could see this laptop being useful for office work or everyday activities.

_MT_

Quote from: mjw149 on February 01, 2022, 12:46:39
I've got to hand it to you guys. You found a real unicorn!
- USB-C charging, sure
- DVD Drive! OMG!?
- Linux compatible!?

I feel like I have to meet these Fujitsu guys now, I think we'd really get along. You know, we probably both like Nirvana, Slackware and Initial D. We're a rare breed. It's a shame that there isn't a teal option, I think that would really fit.
I guess you might find more on the Japanese market. They often have particular tastes and so-called JDM-only products can be quite interesting.

Glass_Pina

The laptop has issues regarding to battery in Ubuntu. Please see this ubuntu bug report.

bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1956177

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview