News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Power-hungry Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 gets trounced by the Apple A15 Bionic in real-world gaming test

Started by Redaktion, January 23, 2022, 15:37:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 has yet again been put through a Genshin Impact gaming test, this time versus the Apple 15 Bionic on the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The results? Well, not particularly impressive, especially in terms of power consumption.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Power-hungry-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-gets-trounced-by-the-Apple-A15-Bionic-in-real-world-gaming-test.595072.0.html

Sam Medley

Makes me wonder how many Android phones are going to include some kind of cooling, particularly active cooling. The 8 Gen 1 seems to have a lot of thermal issues.

Ahmad Berry

Android used active cooling system, soc 8 gen 1, soc first faster/ different soc other different brand.

Rottytops

Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (8G1) is known to have heat issues, but to be fair, I don't trust the Motorola x30's suspiciously low price. You know they had to cut some major corners to get a 8G1 into a $500 phone, and I bet adequate cooling was one of the sacrifices they made.

Damien

This, combined with the recent benchmark results, give me hope for the Exynos 2200 finally being equal or better. I really hope they do well this time because it Samsung ditches Exynos, it means I will lose many of the better settings and modes in FiLMiC Pro as the Snapdragon Galaxy's are hampered with the camera API.

Joe

Seeing how you have based your article on an unfair comparison between THE latest iPhone and a Motorola phone I have never heard of shows how biased you are.Unlike the Apple chipset,which can be fully optimized for the iphone,the Snapdragon Is used by multiple manufacturers.

Hypebuster

Gg

Nico1981

Well... One issue tho..

The main cons, to me, for the A15 : it's apple only

The SD8Gen1 can and will be found in a lot of different devices like the SD888/888+/870 before (and not only in the 800-1200 price range "flagships")

As for me, why would I get something else than my 299$ SD870 powered device that can also run Genshin Impact at decent frame rates while all details maxed...

killer83

how did it get 48 avg fps   i have a poco x3 pro with SD 860 and even on max graphics i can play with 59-60 avg fps fore more than 3 hours befure my battery runs out  and its definitely better than 860 so...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview