News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi 12 Pro and Google Pixel 4 camera sensor size comparison shows how far camera hardware has come

Started by Redaktion, January 23, 2022, 09:55:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New images showing the Xiaomi 12 Pro's 50 MP main camera sensor right next to the Google Pixel 4's 12 MP sensor have now surfaced. The difference in sizes is just as much as one would expect, although it's important to point out that bigger isn't always better.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-12-Pro-and-Google-Pixel-4-camera-sensor-size-comparison-shows-how-far-camera-hardware-has-come.595006.0.html

Flipp0

I recently had both Pixel 4 XL and Xiaomi MI 11 Pro. The latter phone has the large GN2 sensor for the main camera.  I terms of sharpness and details the two phones were fairly even. However, images from P4XL had a lot more noise in low light situations. All in all, I still think the camera on P4XL is pretty great even tough I sold it due to Mi 11 Pro being a much better phone overall. As descriped in the article, camera software are the most important factor (not hardware). I think 12 Pro would outperform P4XL since Xiaomi seems to have improved their camera algoritms in their 12-series phones. Comparisons betwen Mi 11 Ultra och 12 Pro indicate that 12 Pro takes better stills despite the smaller sensor.

Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc

computerbuster

With all the postprocessing done to smartphone photos now & what we subjectively consider to be a "good" smartphone photo, the positive effects of large sensors are largely negated. Just as a lot of the downsides of smaller sensors are eliminated by this postprocessing, it has the reverse effect on larger sensors. The only benefits these massive sensors like the Isocell GN2 have over smaller ones are in low light because of this. Shooting raw vs processed on my Pixel 6 (GN1) I was floored upon seeing the kind of photos I was missing out on.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview