News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xclipse 920 vs Adreno 730: Coasting AMD RDNA 2-powered GPU for the Exynos 2200 thrashes the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1's graphics processor in new benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, January 22, 2022, 18:57:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New synthetic benchmarks for the Exynos 2200 and its graphics component, the Xclipse 920, have shown the AMD/Samsung collaboration in a new and bright light. OpenCL and Vulkan results for the international variant of the Galaxy S22 Ultra are far ahead of recent scores made by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 in the upcoming OnePlus 10 Pro.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xclipse-920-vs-Adreno-730-Coasting-AMD-RDNA-2-powered-GPU-for-the-Exynos-2200-thrashes-the-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-s-graphics-processor-in-new-benchmarks.595019.0.html

Avidreader

Quote from: David H. on January 22, 2022, 19:00:24
Too bad we won't get the Xclipse 920 here in North America...

Can't have it all. Snapdragon every year while we're all shafted with Exynos in Europe. I hope this is a turning point for Samsung and AMD, about time there was a true competitor as the Sdragon has become a hot mess in the past few years.

Ahn@wk

With all honesty, I have been excited about this chip since the very first rumor because it's the offspring of my two favorite tech brands. But can't deny my only worry that in mobile world, the problem usually not comes from how powerful
the peak performance is, but thermal issues. Like how all these chips keep up under long period of heavy usage, and Samsung tends to lack in this department. Hope the rumored vapor chamber in S22 series will be good enough to keep themselves cool.

missingxtension-

Either way the adreno is ATI technology sold to Qualcomm. So its AMD vs old AMD.
I always wished the exynos would have made it over across the sea a long time ago. At one point it had better performance. I still remember the horrible experience from snapdragon 8 processors. It started with the evo3d then then g3 and even the blackberry priv, those were all killed by Qualcomm. Some manufacturers resorted the older 808 because of the over heating problems. There were times where all 3 of those phone would heat to the point of lockup, even worse when using waze and I would be stuck on the side of the road. Trying to charge and navigate, too bad!! 

whoami

Adreno is just an anagram of AMD's graphic card brand Radeon which is sold to Qualcomm(I believe Adreno uses old AMD GPU tech)...Those who were telling RDNA2 worse than Adreno...I think they even don't know about it (What is Adreno, Why is Adreno😂)...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview