News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Suunto 5 Peak: New version of outdoor smartwatch arrives with a lighter design and for a lower price

Started by Redaktion, January 20, 2022, 16:17:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Finnish smartwatch manufacturer Suunto has announced a new version of the Suunto 5, the Suunto 5 Peak. The new model is cheaper, lighter and smaller than the original version. The extensive GPS features of the Suunto 5 remain though, despite the price cut, plus over 80 sports modes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Suunto-5-Peak-New-version-of-outdoor-smartwatch-arrives-with-a-lighter-design-and-for-a-lower-price.594108.0.html

TrailzRock

The first thing I do when Suunto, Polar and Coros release a new watch is i look for both ANT+ and Bluetooth compatibility. With indoors cycling being a big part of the target market and with most power meter sensors and every other sensor only having one Bluetooth connection and the other being ANT+, it makes absolutely no sense to sell a watch with only Bluetooth connection now a days.  If you want that power or other sensors paired to both a tablet etc and your watch, your only choice is a watch that comes with both Bluetooth and ANT+. Suunto and polar are limiting their market share severely.  Both Garmin and Wahoo know the importance of adding ANT+.  Coros also understood that untill their last release of the Vertix 2. I'm curious how that sells.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview