News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Manufacturers increasingly try to attract gamers and professionals at the same time - Schenker XMG Pro 17 (Clevo PC70HS) review

Started by Redaktion, January 19, 2022, 20:23:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Schenker XMG Pro 17 we just tested shows the attempt of the manufacturer to also design and advertise large gaming laptops as a slim solution for creative professionals. While this may turn off some gaming enthusiasts who value the highest performance, it may also attract another target group.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Manufacturers-increasingly-try-to-attract-gamers-and-professionals-at-the-same-time-Schenker-XMG-Pro-17-Clevo-PC70HS-review.593405.0.html

LL

Everyone i know in 3D modeling and animation have gaming laptops from long time ago, -preferably discrete and not showing off - including me ...and contrary to the text we need the best gaming GPU possible, because rendering is mostly done by GPU.
That is why i asked for Notebookcheck to include the Blender BMW27 scene(or heavier demo scene) render also in GPU and not only in CPU. No one uses CPU anymore to render in Blender.
The author might take look at Nvidia Studio (drivers and certified laptops).

But there is one thing missing from all laptops and desktops, we need a very high performing unique core like there are now economy cores. Some 3D simulations  are still not multi core, and that means a very fast core of 8ghz would be very useful even if all other cores would be sleeping.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview