News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro come under fire for performance and software issues

Started by Redaktion, January 14, 2022, 08:30:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Google Pixel 6 series were media darlings for quite a while but all that goodwill may be fading shortly, with the phones receiving flak for performance and software bugs—the charge being led by popular YouTuber MKBHD.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Google-Pixel-6-and-Pixel-6-Pro-come-under-fire-for-performance-and-software-issues.592384.0.html

David H.

I don't know if this is a part of the Pixel 6 lineup but I have a Pixel 5a running Android 12 and outside of a few oddball occurrences I've had no issues with using it whatsoever.

An0n

They say it caused by the new Tensor SoC.

Yet, I think the customers are correct, Google shouldn't sell anything that give the impression of half-complete product.

MARK PALMOS

Very odd. For me my pixel 6 pro fingerprint reader is WAY better than my Galaxy S21 Ultra which I have returned to EE, better than the Note 20 before that, and the S20 before that. I actually returned several of those Samsungs and wrote repeatedly to them about the terrible fingerprint readers... The Pixel 6pro works, usually first time. I have particularly shallow fingerprints.

About the rest of the phone, there are annoying things which belong to all android devices, ie that Smart Unlock does not function properly. I spend most days at home and yet I have to keep on unlocking my phone which has this location set as a safe unlock area.

I'm not aware of any other "bugs".

Gerard

Is Google going to do something for its customers that took time to purchase their phones and have experience these problems? Like for instance,  an auto maker recalling parts of a vehicle or the entire vehicle because of major issues its' many customers experience. Will Google do we recall? Is there someone that could petition this type of thing to happen?  It will be the first of its kind and would be revolutionary in the sense that a big-tech company actually cares about its customers! Should I go back to #Xiaomi?  I did not experience these problems with any Xiaomi phone that I have owned. I've had at least three or four of them and they they all had better cameras and innovative ecosystem better than any Samsung, iPhone or Google phone I've owned!  I do have to admit that the Google Pixel 6 Pro that I own has an awesome interface/UI but is bugged down by all of the issues that many people have experienced!

Noud

I have a pixel 6 whit the November update I have no issues vote complaints.only some times it says ui crashes and close it and after that it's fixed it self.but fore the rest it's vworks like a champ.

Dark

My pixel 6's fingerprint sensor is slower than my old samsung device. Other than that, I didn't really face any major issues.

oojamaflip

Finger print reader is effing useless and smart unlock is about as smart as the kid who sat in the corner of my maths class wearing the had with a big 'D' on it. I've got a bad temper and a stressful life and I expect I will be launching my nearly £1000 phone at a wall very shortly.

Gary Hill

I have had great difficulty with the fingerprint reader on the Pixel 6 pro. Takes too long or won't open at all. Also freezes for many seconds at a time If I wait it eventually starts working again

RaginTexan

>:( Pixel 6 pro is a smoke and mirrors phone. Looks great on spec page but plagued with serious problems. I'm irate right now because of my phone calling people when I don't call them, My phone hangs up during calls for no reason and the Bluetooth is totally toothless and won't hold a connection. I have never had issues like this with Motorola or Samsung??? This is quintessential getting a product out there during holidays knowing you have issues with a device!!!! Google needs to do the right thing and recall all of these devices!!! December update??! January update??? Who knows if or when that will arrive??? Then will the code be right????

Barry js

I have a pixel 6 pro and it is the worst piece of garbage I have ever owned. I have been battling it out with Google for months now. Complaining about how I have a multitude of problems the most pressing of which is consistent dropped calls. Their solution was to bring it into. I break it. You fix it. That's a joke because they can't fix this problem. This problem is most likely 100% software related and they are way too slow to get it fixed or were way too fast in releasing the phone itself. My most recent survey with them stated that I am looking forward to joining what will surely be a class action lawsuit

Rob Nicholson

Since the December update, loss of signal and dropped calls in enclosed spaced, very disappointed that I am having to wait nearly a month with a phone that I cannot use properly 😡

Richard Koch

I just ordered a pixel 6 pro off the Google online store and wondering if I should sent it back when I get it because of all these complaints I'm reading. That or i won't turn it on till I hear Google has released a update and fixed all the bugs everyone is writing about. Google has a pair of balls releasing the pixel 6 and 6 pro with it being this bad. I guess I should have known better to buy a pixel. Google stopped my pixel 4XL from charging wirelessly with the March update last yr. To this day it still does t charge wirelessly. So I wasted my money buy the pixel stand. I won't be oderi g

Shannon

The calling over wifi feature would drop all my calls 40 seconds into the call.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong till I turned it off.  Works fine now but super frustrating.

BrayGray

Damn, I'm sorry people are having issues:(  Me and my co-worker got our Pixel 6 Pros at the same time and neither of us have had any problems.  I'm still on the November software and my phone is working fine.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview