News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Blackberry 5G smartphone with physical keyboard officially confirmed for launch again

Started by Redaktion, January 10, 2022, 12:48:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

OnwardMobility, owners of the Blackberry brand, have now reiterated their commitment to delivering a 5G Blackberry smartphone with a physical keyboard. "Contrary to popular belief, we are not dead," the company stated.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Blackberry-5G-smartphone-with-physical-keyboard-officially-confirmed-for-launch-again.591574.0.html

An0n

Keep talking pal, just keep talking. From their team composition, I can see they're just another fraud like Theranos. All position are bunches of non developers and they don't have any idea to develop one. Best bet they outsource all the production like Nokia

Nazri

How long to wait...
By the time the phone come out
Most of it already owned iphone 13 ++
Few years hearing rumours and now already chose iphone.
#still keep blackberry bold in the store.

Harry Worth

Like the renderings - different to all the identikit glass slabs out there: Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi etc. Quite honestly phones are pretty much like washing machines these days and as disposable as a BIC razor, nothing to choose between them in terms of looks.....
Blackberry may just score by offering something different.

Chris Cadati

I hope they build it with the best of the best specs, that competes with Samsung and Apple.  Make people who jumped ship already to come back be amazed. Stop with the mid-range processor, mid-range RAM, and so on and so on.

Scott

I was a die hard Blackberry guy and used a Key2 as my main phone until last month.  The keyboard is great and I could type quicker and with more accuracy than with on screen. But I finally gave up on it since it would only support an old version of android. I moved to an iPhone 13 and am very impressed and not going back. The delay in getting this new version out is too long.

LeMe

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, I really liked blackberry 10 OS more than Android and iOS, blackberry just makes the best touchscreen keyboards I've ever used in a phone.

It's downfall was lack of apps.

mawlki

Quote from: Chris Cadati on January 11, 2022, 02:13:41
I hope they build it with the best of the best specs, that competes with Samsung and Apple.  Make people who jumped ship already to come back be amazed. Stop with the mid-range processor, mid-range RAM, and so on and so on.
Upper
-midrange CPU would be fine and more efficient. Camera should be good to scan a document nothing more.  Extreme good build, very nice Android skin and BB security are paramount. Combine this with a high quality PKB you already looking at a costly device. And for god sake keep it compact!

whatever

Dumbest thing ever. Why have a dedicated keyboard when most of the apps have no use for a keyboard 90 percent of the time.

mawlki

Quote from: Harry Worth on January 10, 2022, 19:17:09
Like the renderings - different to all the identikit glass slabs out there: Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi etc. Quite honestly phones are pretty much like washing machines these days and as disposable as a BIC razor, nothing to choose between them in terms of looks.....
Blackberry may just score by offering something different.
These renderings are anyones subjective guess.

The new BB will have PKB so that hopefully makes it standout visually. The design is still completely unknown. My take is a classic compact design would be great with non flagship hardware.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview