News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The "worst flagship processor": Samsung Exynos 2200 with AMD RDNA 2 GPU gets no love from noted leaker in deleted tweets

Started by Redaktion, January 09, 2022, 23:24:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Samsung Exynos 2200 with AMD RDNA 2-powered GPU has been labeled as "the worst flagship processor" by a popular tech tipster. The vaunted RDNA 2 GPU part apparently fell behind all of its main rivals in tests while the CPU component also failed miserably. The Exynos 2200 was seemingly tested in a Samsung Galaxy S22 smartphone.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-worst-flagship-processor-Samsung-Exynos-2200-with-AMD-RDNA-2-GPU-gets-no-love-from-noted-leaker-in-deleted-tweets.591509.0.html

jimmy100

You know, that the article's title is rotten click bait and that the whole article is pointless, right? But okay, if you think that you can play such games too gain more advertisement money, then good luck. Because I won't visit your website anymore. Adios!

toven

Last chance for Samsung to ditch those RT cores for good and put all resources in to raw power cores.

Flooder

Suddenly adapting AMD's RDNA2 GPUs does not make the gpu part on a mobile SOC powerful, it also depends on how much cores of RDNA2 the SOC is using. It seems like the exynos 2200's GPU just has too low cores to compete with the others. If they have more thermal headroom they can overclock it but doubt its possible with the worse 4nm node from samsung compared to mediatek's TSMC node. As always as seen from other samsung SOCs, samsung always undercut on some part of the SOC. as in exynos 990 etc.

LOL

The first gen of any product is usually crappy.

This is probably why Galaxy S22 in Asia will get Snapdragons instead of Exynos... for the first time in a long time as far as I can remember it.

With these fancy new GPUs, I'm more worried about hot temperatures, especially when you run those modern games with maximum settings. They should take care of that first instead of obsessing about benchmark scores.

Anonymous_376637

It doesn't matter whether it is best performing or not. It has to be just most efficient, that's all. Battery life and sustained performance is what all matters.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: LOL on January 10, 2022, 02:48:10
The first gen of any product is usually crappy.

Well it's not really the first Exynos flagship SoC, is it? Not the first crappy one either.

Author is an Intel Fanboy

Just click his name to see how much of an Intel fanyboy the author truly is. Typical BS clickbait.

ChrisGX

It's too early to be sure about any of this. If iceuniverse turns out to be right about this though, we will have three major losers: Samsung, obviously, but also AMD that would have wanted to see its iGPU make a strong showing in the mobile domain and Google, too, that, in its foray into semiconductors, has sought to ride on Samsung's coattails.

Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc

So much for that "amazing" crapRDNA GPU. making a mobile GPU isn't for anyone and AMD isn't great even in laptops, so how could anyone expect they would be good in phones...samsung had something good with the exynos2100, a gpu on par with the one from qualcomm. Now...they went with amd cause amd is...whatever. Now they don't even have a good gpu. Good that freaking mediatek could just use the mali GPU and it is just fine, similar performance to a15 bionic and sd 8 gen 1.

Sneed

Ahmad Berry

I'm sure the Samsung Collab AMD SoC, if it's developed continuously, can fight Snapdragon and Apple Bionic. (^ I still remember the history of AMD in the past / AMD CPUs used to be underestimated by many people, but the fact that when the Ryzen CPU arrived / AMD's research results did not get discouraged, Intel CPUs were liberated by AMD. (^ So I think AMD's Exynos has great potential, later there will be really fast performance / moto amd, crazy crazy innovation, against other competitors.)

Kristian

Yeah,but the visuals are not going to be the same,i bet amd wins here..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview