News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ASUS ROG Flow X13 refreshed with an AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with RTX 3080 and RX 6850M XT connectivity

Started by Redaktion, January 07, 2022, 18:58:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

ASUS has upgraded the ROG Flow X13, its 13.4-inch convertible with a 4K display. The ROG Flow X13 now features the new Ryzen 9 6900HS and AMD's Radeon 680M iGPU. ASUS still offers the ROG Flow X13 with an RTX 3050 Ti, but the machine can also be connected to an RTX 3080 or an RX 6850M XT for extra graphics horsepower.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ASUS-ROG-Flow-X13-refreshed-with-an-AMD-Ryzen-9-6900HS-with-RTX-3080-and-RX-6850M-XT-connectivity.590934.0.html

gerce

Can we just have one with 1080p screen? 4K on 13" screen is just moronic, and especially on a gaming ultrabook it's ultra-moronic.

How is that poor APU supposed to run games at 4K?

Lorry

Quote from: gerce on January 08, 2022, 15:27:52
Can we just have one with 1080p screen? 4K on 13" screen is just moronic, and especially on a gaming ultrabook it's ultra-moronic.

The vast majority of people would prefer higher-resolution because it makes text, image and videos look much sharper and detailed. That is why 4K the premium option that costs more to upgrade to. And nobody is playing games or doing graphically demanding work on internal 4K, there is such thing as "switching resolution".

gerce

Quote from: Lorry on January 08, 2022, 16:10:06

The vast majority of people would prefer higher-resolution because it makes text, image and videos look much sharper and detailed. That is why 4K the premium option that costs more to upgrade to. And nobody is playing games or doing graphically demanding work on internal 4K, there is such thing as "switching resolution".
Yes, i know 4K is better, but not on 13" gaming laptop. That is my point.

Muhammad Anhar

What are you talking about? Previous 2021 version, and this 2022 version has 1080p 120hz option

Yumn Jame

If the device itself costs higher than the current flow x13/ upcoming z13, Asus just shot itself in the foot, because the Egpu can be docked similarly in all of them. I'm really excited to see the new x13, but if price is sky rocketed, I'm going with the old one.

Spunjji

I'd love a variant that ditches the 3050 Ti and hands over the cost savings. I'd be more than happy with 680M performance when on the move and 6850M when docked, and I'd only have to deal with AMD drivers.

Of course, this is all pie-in-the-sky, because current availability and pricing makes me cringe. Maybe in a year or so when this one is old news...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview