News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad Z16: New flagship ThinkPad embraces AMD with Ryzen H & AMD dGPU

Started by Redaktion, January 04, 2022, 17:00:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new ThinkPad Z16 G1 is a huge step for AMD processors in ThinkPads. The 16 inch ThinkPad laptop with the new Z series design is the first premium ThinkPad with a big screen and the powerful AMD Ryzen H series. It is also the first Lenovo ThinkPad in many years with a dedicated AMD GPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Z16-New-flagship-ThinkPad-embraces-AMD-with-Ryzen-H-AMD-dGPU.589074.0.html

cb88

This doesn't have enough IO... end of story.

My current dell has 2 USB C/thunerbolt on one side, and 2 USB A on the  other... that is a bare minimum.

If 60Ghz wireless USB docks had caught on I might could cope but... give me my IO.

Jay168

Quote from: cb88 on January 04, 2022, 23:02:22
This doesn't have enough IO... end of story.

My current dell has 2 USB C/thunerbolt on one side, and 2 USB A on the  other... that is a bare minimum.

If 60Ghz wireless USB docks had caught on I might could cope but... give me my IO.

I agree. However, the Dell XPS 15 only has USBC too. So, I reckon Lenovo are just following the trend. Good to see they are least have usb4.

Vlad

From the pictures, I can tell that they reduced the travel on the keyboard.

Few I/O options, only 70 Whrs in a 16 inch body, and 32 gb max RAM makes this very unappealing compared to the M1 Max MacBooks. The only thing this has going for it is that it runs Windows.

errogaht

If Lenovo continue with this model with that modern way without 2 SODIMM slots I skip that again. I was surprised that almost all modern ThinkPad T series don't have 2 SODIMM slots but only one. It is a Mac way, if even PC laptops be not upgradable what are the borders between Mac and PC?

ThinkPad X1 fan

Unappealing half-hearted, low quality and slow AMD-based ThinkPad that is the Z16.

What we really need is a ThinkPad P1/X1E chassis with:
- AMD Ryzen 9 6980HS (35W+)
- 2x 32GB DDR5
- 2x M.2 2280mm PCIe 4.0
- RTX 3080 Ti (100W, 16GB)
- 16" 2.5k/4K (600cd/m², slimmer bezels)
- Vapor chamber with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut liquid metal
- SDXC card reader
- 130W USB C charging + PD on all USB C ports
- 1.9kg

OR a ThinkPad keyboard in the Razer Blade 14, Asus G14, Legion 7 and/or Dell 9710...

Lorry

Quote from: ThinkPad X1 fan on January 15, 2022, 00:38:19
Unappealing half-hearted, low quality and slow AMD-based ThinkPad that is the Z16.

What we really need is a ThinkPad P1/X1E chassis with:
- AMD Ryzen 9 6980HS (35W+)
- 2x 32GB DDR5
- 2x M.2 2280mm PCIe 4.0
- RTX 3080 Ti (100W, 16GB)
- 16" 2.5k/4K (600cd/m², slimmer bezels)
- Vapor chamber with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut liquid metal
- SDXC card reader
- 130W USB C charging + PD on all USB C ports
- 1.9kg

OR a ThinkPad keyboard in the Razer Blade 14, Asus G14, Legion 7 and/or Dell 9710...
Zephyrus G15 approximately fits that description, Asus ROG line has the best keyboard among gaming laptops, apart from the "mechanical" switches on some flagship models. Some reviewers even called it better than a modern Thinkpad keyboard (LTT, Just Josh)

jon peters

This is industral waste.statically Lenovo will like boeing produce bad products from time to time.The continuing succcess of this company who are told by the chineese premier to only produce linux laptops can only see the demise of the company if it continues to be associated with the failing MS brand.
No
This is what it could be

AMD new ryzen 7 chip with no spyware and certified it has no spyware for enterprise.
Open bios
Factory installed linux of your choice
Fully ungradeable RAM wifi and twin ssd.
Better cooling with thicker case
Full sd card slot
5 6 gG wireless card slot.
USB card security key in the box.
Lenvo is going backwards fast with suppliers like MS and Intel in their products.

Lenovo maybe fighting for its survival but bad decisions and laptop designs are just going to excelerate its demise.Stick with solid Thinkpad x1 extreme and carbon specs and open bios if you want to sell laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview