News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GeForce RTX 4090 game performance estimates leave RTX 3090 and RX 6900 XT in the dust as Doom Eternal prediction hits 400 FPS at 4K ultra

Started by Redaktion, January 03, 2022, 13:16:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The so-called Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 has looked incredibly strong in a theoretical comparison video with the Lovelace GPU demolishing the RTX 3090 and AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT. The RTX 4090 hits an estimated 400 FPS average rate in Doom Eternal at 4K ultra settings and even manages to top 100 FPS in Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GeForce-RTX-4090-game-performance-estimates-leave-RTX-3090-and-RX-6900-XT-in-the-dust-as-Doom-Eternal-prediction-hits-400-FPS-at-4K-ultra.589585.0.html

Eric s steen

So What

That's nice, but at what wattage? If I have to sell one kidney to buy a 4090, a 1600W PSU, and a new air conditioner so I can be in the same room as the machine, eventually I'll also have to sell the other kidney to cover my new power bill.

I can get 100+ fps in AAA titles on a 3440x1440 monitor with a system that runs at 300W total. New powerful hardware is always cool, but in recent years we've been drifting into "giant lifted pickup truck for your grocery run" territory.

Right On

Quote from: MKA on January 03, 2022, 17:02:25
Nobody cares if these products are not available to the average consumer.
These sites reporting on this garbage are themselves part of the scam at this point. If these manufacturers were not corrupt and evil they would have long ago instituted a pre-buying queue where each person is garanteed one unit eventually. But instead we are stuck with this humanist trash leading to colllapse of civilization.

IronHand_Astarte

Since I will most likely never be able 2 get a pair unless I start  a war or steal them. Let me see it at 8k please.
This way I know which pallets shipping to crypto crappies to heist.
How well does crypto count when the nukes fly, or the sun erupts?

davidm

There is likely an incredible glut of GPUs coming onto the market mid-year. NVidia's only choice to keep selling is to bring out some kind of next-generation feature along the lines of last generation's ray tracing, or provide truly next-generation performance. Otherwise, their market will collapse.

Azmazz

I luckily bought a pair of RTX 2080ti's for rendering just before COVID which had seen me through the repellant price hikes and scalping, but I don't plan to buy a new card anytime soon - I will buy second hand when the mining demand implodes. f*** NVIDIA and the rest of them! 

RobertJasiek

Why is there limitless hype over a 4090 with ca. 500W (and similar for 7900XT)? Samsung 8nm to TSMC 5nm should increase power efficiency by at least the factor 8 / 5 = 1,6. Therefore, I want to see a 4080 with 3080 speed at 320W / 1,6 = 200W. This would be exciting!

Gibbet

Cool story bro...another item normal people can only read about since Nvidia won't implement a que and crypto and resellers will continue snag up any stock within seconds of a drop...sounds great.

CryptoMiner

Good luck getting a hold of this card you gamer losers. Bow down to your crypto mining overlords.

Mr. Wind

What's the point of this article? None one can buy any cards anyway, so what difference does it make?

Nick C.

These companies should start figuring out how to get their cards into the hands of people who need them, rather than pumping out more powerful ammunition for scumbag crypto miner warehouses.
This card shortage is a bad joke, and the jokes on us.  I'll never forgive them for this.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview