News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla raises the Model 3 and Model Y prices in China, still lower than the new NIO ET7 tags after subsidies

Started by Redaktion, January 02, 2022, 13:13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

NIO just unveiled the prices for its 2022 electric performance sedan, the ET7, and they are ambitiously over what Tesla charges for its Model 3 or Model Y vehicles, even after their latest price increase. The 100 kWh NIO ET7 offers a way larger battery pack than the Tesla Model 3 Long Range, but it will also cost more, even after the government subsidies that Tesla no longer qualifies for as it doesn't offer a battery swap service.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-raises-the-Model-3-and-Model-Y-prices-in-China-still-lower-than-the-new-NIO-ET7-tags-after-subsidies.589475.0.html

Captain Woof

Hi!

I quickly want to say that this article is misleading, which is not something I would expect from such a reputable site as Notebookcheck, which I have visited daily for about the last 10 years.

This article strongly implies that the NIO ET7 is a direct competitor to the Model 3 and being more expensive, a bad buy compared to the Tesla. However, the NIO ET7 is a direct competitor to the Model S. The NIO is longer, wider, and has similar (and larger) battery packs, similar weight and similar performance compared to the Model S. They even state it is a direct competitor to the Model S.

As such, comparing it to the much smaller and less capable Model 3 and not even mentioning the Model S and its price at any point in the article is just not good news reporting. Sorry, but I really think it should be pointed out.

(P.S. I still love you guys and this website though! Keep on doing what you're doing! :) )

Punit

I could not agree more with this comment! It is ridiculously irresponsible on the writer's part.

It is same saying that the Tesla Model 3 is twice the price of Xpeng P5 or three times the price of some of the BYD EVs, without considering that those cars are not in the same class.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview