News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ford F-150 Lightning reservation holders face massive US$30,000 dealer markup as demand for the electric truck outstrips supply

Started by Redaktion, January 01, 2022, 21:51:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Due to high demand and limited availability, the highly anticipated Ford F-150 Lightning is being sold for US$30,000 above its already steep sticker price at some dealerships, and buying the all-electric pickup truck probably won't become much easier in the foreseeable future.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ford-F-150-Lightning-reservation-holders-face-massive-US-30-000-dealer-markup-as-demand-for-the-electric-truck-outstrips-supply.589464.0.html

Daryl E Mason

It is a distressing to hear about 30K ADM on the F150 lightning. I have been a loyal Ford owner for the last 40 years. I will have look at other vehicles now. Just can't swing $30K ADM.

Reph

It's actually against the law to charge markup.. So these guys are criminals!!

Never will pay over MSRP for a depreciating asset

Mybadcode

If dealers think that they are justified in charging $30k over MSRP then overcharge for service after, they are starting to walk dow the road to extinction.  I'll just go for  a Tedla or Rivian

MdwstGy

Zero chance I'll buy one even a single dollar above msrp and I'm coming from a Honda Ridgeline and am one of the earliest reservation holders.. Leave it to Ford to botch rollout of their most important vehicle. I don't need a Lightning. My RL will go another 150K. Does anyone enjoy the process of buying a new vehicle anymore? High pressure, bait and switch, ridiculous fees. Stealerships should just service cars at this point. I'd rather buy direct from manufacturer.

Not a fan

I was a very early reservation maker. Never owned a Ford. After this fiasco I will not be buying a Ford for a long while.

Spencer

Seriously?
I'm an early reservation holder as well and won't pay a $30,000 markup or a $10,000 markup.
Ford has a great opportunity to continue being the leader in pickup sales, buy nonsense like this will only provide them a short term profit and long term negative image.

Majklatl

This is the problem with a dealer centric sales and distribution setup.  Some states have even tried or did block direct to consumer sales claiming it harms the consumer.

Looks to me like dealers taking advantage of consumers harms consumers.

You should be able to order your car directly from Ford and not be forced to use greedy middlemen. They have a standard MSRP they use and already in that price the dealer has a profit so if ford simply sells their cars at MSRP to consumers and at their discounted rate to dealers this will stop the price gouging going on.  The only markup will be for that one that's sitting on the showroom floor and if you just gotta have it then pay the 10k or whatever over MSRP but to be paying that for cars not yet even made yet is stupid.

Scott

Great example of capitalist greed that we are facing in the US.
Just like the release of new ps5s and Xbox, there's going to be rich people hoarding these vehicles with insane markups.
So much for saving the environment and eliminating co2 emissions cause no ones going to be able to afford it except for the wealthy.

DrFunOne

Spite-buy Tesla just to flip off the dinosaurs... um... the dealers, who have zero relevance in a modern internet-enabled auto market. Ford and State legislatures need to catch a clue that society rejects their abusive tactics.

Ari

You're better off buying a Rivian. For that price you'll get a better product and better service...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview