News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Unaffordable GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3090 cards become the new norm as shopper gets brutally shut out by cashier

Started by Redaktion, December 31, 2021, 05:44:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A potential graphics card customer has been confronted by a provocative comment from a cashier that has summed up the year perfectly for gamers who have tried desperately to get hold of a high-end Nvidia GeForce RTX 30 series card at anything remotely close to launch price. The person was checking out RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3090 boards at the time.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Unaffordable-GeForce-RTX-3080-Ti-and-RTX-3090-cards-become-the-new-norm-as-shopper-gets-brutally-shut-out-by-cashier.589358.0.html

Scott Herman

I made 3 orders on Ebay for the cards.
None ever came then had to prove to Ebay i bought it and didn't get it.
They fought it and then I called back and got the previous lady fired.
Got a refund for all 3 shipments from Ebay.
Then i ordered from Amazon.
Waited weeks.
Notice it was delivered but not.
Opened a case with Amazon and showed my house cameras on the date of supposed delivery. Front Door!
I give up on these cards.
I even ordered a 1k miner ready for 8 of them.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

davemolly

There is a very simple solution. We, as consumers need to stop paying these ridiculous prices. If literally no-one bought these cards then retailers would be forced to reduce prices. Scalping would be pointless. Simple supply and demand. It does not need to be the 'New normal' we just need to refuse to pay it.

MrNobody

Quote from: Scott Herman on December 31, 2021, 09:20:45
Waited weeks.
Opened a case with Amazon and showed my house cameras on the date of supposed delivery. Front Door!

YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Mr Mojo Rising

I got my Asus RTX 3080ti Stryx in September for $2500 on Amazon.  The transaction was smooth and the card arrived the next day.
Amazon makes it almost too easy!

Ilnahro

Quote from: MrNobody on December 31, 2021, 11:29:38
Quote from: Scott Herman on December 31, 2021, 09:20:45
Waited weeks.

YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

No, Crypto speculation and the ability to print money with GPUs is the problem. If he doesn't do it, someone else will. He is just making the best of a bad situation.

Clifford Ruiz

I'm just really sad you can't lot these in california since they doubled and tripled in price (now they're over $950) so unfair!!! Lol

Feji

Crypto is a great hedge against the collapsing fiat currencies. Anti-fiat currencies like Bitcoin will continue to drive GPU prices upward, as long as the economy is tanking and people need a way to transfer and secure wealth outside of the fiat system.

Clifford Ruiz

I'm just really sad you can't loot these in california since they doubled and tripled in price (now they're over $950) so unfair!!! Lol

midnight Neko

Just gonna wait a decade , still happy with my gtx 1070 that i bought for $300.

maybe next year a 2060 for the same price

Scott

Or the cashier was simply commenting about the ridiculous price gouging. That makes more sense than trying to do mental gymnastics in an attempt to be offended.

SebSebseb

Instead of gamers and miners fighting each other, shouldn't we try to understand who is getting the big dollars in this story? Retailers or OEMs?
Pretty sure the retailers are the real to blame taking advantage of the demand. But no Revolution will happen on Facebook...

SiliconAddict

When entitlement and social justice warrior collides.  Complaining to somebody checking you out is going to do exactly jack ****.   There is absolutely nothing. A cashier  can do about it. Yes, price gouging is really crappy behavior.   But that store has every right to set that price to whatever they dang well want. It's you who have the choice to  either suck it up and pay the price, or not.  Welcome to being an adult.  I spent just a little north of $2,000 on a 3090 FE.  Did I think it sucked, of course.  But I didn't complain about the price to the person selling it. As they're the seller, I'm the buyer.

Scott Marker

People get way too offended, way too easily. I'm nearly 100% sure this lady was just saying, in general, that they're unaffordable. Do you really think this salesperson cares or has time to think about how much money this person has in their bank account? It's something I have to remind myself the time, "STOP TAKING EVERYTHING PERSONSAL." lol

cAp

Long term PC gamer, but this ridiculous unaffordable trend us the reason I bought a next gen console.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview