News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Video shows Tesla owner blowing up his Model S with dynamite because repairs would've been too expensive

Started by Redaktion, December 23, 2021, 20:33:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Instead of paying a lot of money for the battery replacement of his Tesla Model S, a man from Finland opted for a rather spectacular kind of disposal of his electric car, which of course was filmed and now put on YouTube.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Video-shows-Tesla-owner-blowing-up-his-Model-S-with-dynamite-because-repairs-would-ve-been-too-expensive.588596.0.html

ariliquin

20k euro for a replacement battery, there are whole cars that cost less. It was closer to 5k for Prius battery.

Ashok Kumar

Many more folks might do the same! Seriously $20K to replace the battery where the warranty just expired. I have a 2013 Model S with the same issue. Hope Tesla fixes it

Jarohhhgyhvv

Damn if that Tesla cost 22,000 bucks I would have payed the guy for it instead of blowing it up.

"Repairs we're too expensive" so you just destroy your 100,000 dollar car, clickbait for people who hate Tesla.

YUKI93

Rikki Motafukiainen

I have a tesla model S. I found that the Lithium ion batteries doesn't work properly in cold weather. What you need to do is to add some insulation. And keep batteries warm.  But I don't think it could happen in Finland. They don't know what Cold means.

_MT_

Quote from: ariliquin on December 24, 2021, 06:59:41
20k euro for a replacement battery, there are whole cars that cost less. It was closer to 5k for Prius battery.
That's like comparing a couple of cells for a remote with a replacement battery for a laptop. ;-) Yes, it's a hyperbole but those batteries are incomparable. Actually, a replacement for a Prius is cheaper than that. Everybody knew that battery replacements are going to be expensive. In most cases, they lasted longer than we expected (a notable exception is first generation Leaf) and they currently cost a lot less than we expected ten years ago. It's part of running costs. Battery wears out. The disadvantage is that you have to prepay it. A replacement pack for a Model S was around 40k not that long ago. It was also expected that resale value will be heavily dominated by battery condition.

Tesla doesn't do it for me. But it's not the car's fault if one can't do an elementary cost of ownership calculation and risk assessment. This is nothing more than a stunt. An attempt to make some money. I can't imagine anyone caring about our environment doing something like this. And while there are cars cheaper than 20k, how many electric cars you can get for that kind of money and how many of those can come anywhere close to a Model S in terms of capability? I mean, there are headlamps that cost more than a cheap car. So what? And yes, one should check spare parts price list before buying a car. Sometimes, you find very surprising things in there. E.g. I recall seeing a radar for around €8k. That thing that sits in the front bumper and is one of the first things damaged even in a minor collision. Or €10k for a particulate filter. And I could go on and on. Stupidity can get expensive.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview