News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Mi A3 receives a huge December update globally

Started by Redaktion, December 17, 2021, 10:38:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Mi A3 may be on its way out but Xiaomi continues to grace owners of the phone with monthly updates. After the November update came rather late, the Mi A3 is now receiving the December patch. It's a rather unusual OTA as well, weighing in at a massive 458 MB.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Mi-A3-receives-a-huge-December-update-globally.586326.0.html

Anonym

Quote from: Hemant Giri on December 18, 2021, 13:45:00
We need Android 12 on this device
I would settle with official support in a 3rd-party ROM like LineageOS. Being official would mean passing the requirements in the charter and continuous builds/support. On the other hand, a lot of other 3rd-party ROMs get their code from LOS, so having official support there would make things easier and better (i.e., more stable and maintainable) for all other ROMs.

However, there is a severe issue. This phone was a failure and very little people care about it. There are a few guys on XDA that have ported some of the ROMs -- amazing work on their side -- but they don't have the time to commit to such a massive endeavor such as official LOS (i.e., that device charter that assures quality and proper support is too demanding for them). At the end of the day these are volunteer efforts, and I just don't see the Mi A3 get proper official support when there isn't sufficient developer interest/available time.

Adarsh Sharma

We need inbuilt app lock system in Mi A3, and we dual app system also

WiFail

They need to solve the issues of WiFi connection breaking when Bluetooth is On.

Anonym

Quote from: Adarsh Sharma on December 18, 2021, 17:35:44
We need inbuilt app lock system in Mi A3, and we dual app system also
Why buy an Android One phone for features that are well know to *not* be available in stock Android? You either get a 3rd-party app that delivers that feature (the intended "stock Android" path), or change to a different 3rd-party ROM that has those features built-in (good luck with that given the hit and miss support), or simply do your homework and buy a phone that is supposed to have those features -- clearly the Mi A3 was never the phone for you even if Xiaomi did a brilliant job; which they didn't by the way.

Gary W

Such an underrated phone.

The best value smartphone I've ever owned.

The stock experience is simply awesome.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview