News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

CNET benchmarks indicate that the Apple MacBook Pro with the M1 Max chip is up to 4.8 times faster than Intel Macs in Adobe Lightroom

Started by Redaktion, December 12, 2021, 18:43:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A benchmark test by CNET indicates that the new Apple Silicon M1 Max-equipped MacBook is up to 5 times faster than the models featuring an Intel Core i9 CPU. This is largely down to Apple's massive gains in GPU performance, with the M1 Max delivering rendering power on par with the GeForce RTX 3060.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/CNET-benchmarks-indicate-that-the-Apple-MacBook-Pro-with-the-M1-Max-chip-is-up-to-4-8-times-faster-than-Intel-Macs-in-Adobe-Lightroom.584507.0.html

Gee

I own an M1 Mac myself but I have to comment that comparing a 2021 chip vs 2019 chip this article is very biased

Prodromos Regalides

It is not only the nominal difference in years. It's about the lithography too. "2 year old macs" have a 6 year old lithography on board. 14 nm  intel with about 45 million transistors per mm2

Vs 5nm TSMC  with 170 million transistors per mm2. This should count for sth.

Prodromos Regalides

Quote from: Prodromos Regalides on December 14, 2021, 09:50:30
It is not only the nominal difference in years. It's about the lithography too. "2 year old macs" have a 6 year old lithography on board. 14 nm  intel with about 45 million transistors per mm2

Vs 5nm TSMC  with 170 million transistors per mm2. This should count for sth. It would be more helpful to compare m1 with the chips Intel will produce on their own 7nm, which is about equal in transistor density with TSMC's 5nm. Then draw conclusion, about how much faster are m chips compared to intel chips.

jared889

video evidence?..anybody can claim  any number  x times faster  than competition .put both laptops in a video and show the render  from start to end I doubt its 5x faster.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview