News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Phone 5s and 5s Pro Review - Top-tier gaming smartphones with a minor boost

Started by Redaktion, December 10, 2021, 14:28:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus's gaming smartphone got updated once again this year. New devices come with the Snapdragon 888+, and the product line now includes only three models. Read our review to learn about the new features and whether or not the devices are worth buying.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Phone-5s-and-5s-Pro-Review-Top-tier-gaming-smartphones-with-a-minor-boost.584087.0.html

Mohan Panchireddy

I used to have ASUS ROG 5 phone earlier but believe me I was very happy with the high end features and top notch performance but one fine day it stopped working while I was surfing some content on my mobile.
From this point my bad days started as I need to followup with the service centers and ASUS customer care.  Being located in metro city I didn't found a genuine ASUS service centre,  I mean they are tied up with other third part service centres.
When I submitted my phone for servicing,  they did a prior checking like physical, water damage test and found that nothing wrong from my end and later in some time they informed that mobile mother board is dead.
Is it not a total shocking news.. I purchased mobile in the month of May'21 and within 4month ie. Sept'21 phone stops working and that too I need to go with a complete mother board replacement... ridiculous... Spending 50k on this phone is correct??

As I was having 1 year warranty they said they will replace the motherboard for free but here the question is what if this happens again after warranty period then you would have to spend 60-70% of amount to get it motherboard replaced.

I asked for piece to pieces replacement and they said the will check with ASUS customer care.. And mean while then keep me waiting  saying mother board is not available and I need to wait for some time.

From here on my worst time started, I used to followup with service center and Asus customer care but they answer used to be same every time saying your issue is taken with high priority and will be addressed in 72 hours.... And believe me me that 72 hours resolution never used to come... Every time I need to followup,  no calls from their end.
After around 1 month I got a call from  ASUS that my request to get my phone with new mobile swapping is accepted and I was given by Oct'21 month end I will got new mobile.
Thought I was happy that my request they excepted but there was a hesitation in my mind saying what if again this happens after warranty period.
I didn't get the phone till middle of Nov'21 and I got frastuated, which made to call daily to ASUS service centre.. Again 72 hours drama started.

At the end of Nov'21 they again informed me that the phone is not available due to out of stock so they will refund my amount.
This time I was very happy that finally I will get my money back and I can get rid of this so called ASUS brand which took my part of life with really bad phase.

So,  I'm just shared my experience with you all to let you know how trustful this brand is.

Also I missed to add.... When I went to service centre I came to know that we're were many other customers with same issues.. So it's not a problem with single piece.

Rest all decision is your... If you have money which you can loose without any thought then you came enjoy the high end gaming phone(camera is average) and if stop working then you know what you need to do :-)

Mohan panchreddy

Quote from: Mohan Panchireddy on December 11, 2021, 08:10:08
I used to have ASUS ROG 5 phone earlier but believe me I was very happy with the high end features and top notch performance but one fine day it stopped working while I was surfing some content on my mobile.
From this point my bad days started as I need to followup with the service centers and ASUS customer care.  Being located in metro city, I didn't found a genuine ASUS service centre,  I mean they are tied up with other third part service centres.
When I submitted my phone for servicing,  they did a prior checking like physical, water damage test and found that nothing wrong from my end and later in some time they informed that mobile mother board is dead.
Is it not a total shocking news.. I purchased mobile in the month of May'21 and within 4month ie. Sept'21 phone stopped working and that too I need to go with a complete mother board replacement... Ridiculous... Spending 50k on this phone is correct??

As I was having 1 year warranty they said they will replace the motherboard for free but here the question is what if this happens again after warranty period then I  would have to spend 60-70% of amount to get it motherboard replaced.

I asked for piece to piece (new phone)  replacement and they said the will check with ASUS customer care.. And mean while they keep me waiting  saying mother board is not available and I need to wait for some time.

From here on my worst time started, I used to followup with service center and Asus customer care but they answer used to be same every time saying your issue is taken with high priority and will be addressed in 72 hours.... And believe me that 72 hours resolution never used to come... Every time I need to followup,  no calls from their end.
After around 1 month, I got a call from  ASUS that my request to get my phone with new mobile swapping is accepted and I was given time saying by Oct'21 month end I will get new mobile.
Though I was happy that my request they excepted but there was a hesitation in my mind saying what if again this happens again after warranty period.

I didn't get the phone till middle of Nov'21 and I got frastuated, which made to call daily to ASUS service centre.. Again 72 hours drama started.

At the end of Nov'21 they again informed me that the phone is not available due to out of stock so they will refund my amount.
This time I was very happy that finally I will get my hard earned
money back and I can get rid of this so called ASUS brand which took my part of life with really bad phase.

So,  I'm just shared my experience with you all to let you know how trustful this brand is.

Also I missed to add.... When I went to service centre I came to know that there were many other customers with same issues.. So it's not a problem with single piece.

Rest all decision is your... If you have money which you can loose without any thought then you can  enjoy the high end gaming phone(camera is average) and if it stop working then you know what you need to do :-)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview