News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First benchmarks: This is how fast the new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is

Started by Redaktion, December 07, 2021, 20:27:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Qualcomm presented the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 at this year's Snapdragon Tech Summit, its new high-end SoC for smartphones and tablets. The Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is Qualcomm's first chipset manufactured on a 4 nm process and relies on a completely redesigned GPU from the Adreno 700 series. Still, the youngest dragon does not show improvements in all areas.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-benchmarks-This-is-how-fast-the-new-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-is.583506.0.html

Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc

Tridents

I truly don't get how so much relevancy is given to the iPhone OpenGL results when that technology was abandoned by Apple 3 years ago, not exactly something that has seen any driver optimisation for new hardware.

AnonimHammer

The first two comments basically dissed any improvement Qualcomm made.

First guy didn't take into account the new x2 core and efficiency cores.

The second guy dissed gpu benchmark that was widely used before to measure iphone performance once iphone lose the gpu performance lead.

Awesome. What a toxic community.

Tomatot

I really don't see how being critical is related to toxicity. CPU improvements are obviously disappointing and I don't see why it shouldn't be pointed out. Criticizing the website/journalist could be considered toxic, but criticizing Qualcomm... I don't see what's wrong with that.

Tridents

Quote from: AnonimHammer on December 08, 2021, 00:43:01

The second guy dissed gpu benchmark that was widely used before to measure iphone performance once iphone lose the gpu performance lead.

Having been used in the past is no justification to use it in the present. Benchmarks are supposed to measure hardware performance in equal terms. 
Using an API, which was abandoned by Apple a long time ago, is not equal terms. If software is not maintained and optimised with each new version of hardware and operating system, you don't keep the same level of performance, you will see performance degradation.

Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc

What exactly didn't I consider in my assestment? I said there is no freaking IMPROVEMENT performance wise in the CPU side of things. The cores are new, so what? I wanna see performance improvements and efficiency improvements. That is what I care about, not that it is now called X2 and A510.

AnonimHammer

Quote from: Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc on December 08, 2021, 12:12:06

What exactly didn't I consider in my assestment? I said there is no freaking IMPROVEMENT performance wise in the CPU side of things. The cores are new, so what? I wanna see performance improvements and efficiency improvements. That is what I care about, not that it is now called X2 and A510.

Then you are a fool for making judgment just on benchmark alone. We don't know yet about its efficiency number, you said it yourself. But you are very quick to dismiss the cpu improvement.

While for the other user arguing about gpu performance and outdated support. Might i give you a refresher that these benchmark did show improvement and not degradation year after year? And that several latest 3Dmark benchmark also support iOS metal? Even with this metal benchmark, it still shows 8 gen 1 to have gained respectable performance.

And i hated Qualcomm, but what i hate even the most are a bunch of internet users so quick in their argument that they didn't even stop to...

THINK

Tridents

Quote from: AnonimHammer on December 10, 2021, 05:14:31
Quote from: Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc on December 08, 2021, 12:12:06

Then you are a fool for making judgment just on benchmark alone. We don't know yet about its efficiency number, you said it yourself. But you are very quick to dismiss the cpu improvement.

While for the other user arguing about gpu performance and outdated support. Might i give you a refresher that these benchmark did show improvement and not degradation year after year? And that several latest 3Dmark benchmark also support iOS metal? Even with this metal benchmark, it still shows 8 gen 1 to have gained respectable performance.

And i hated Qualcomm, but what i hate even the most are a bunch of internet users so quick in their argument that they didn't even stop to...

THINK

Sir, the performance degradation mentioned is when comparing the same hardware with what would be up to date API support/maintenance, not when comparing with a older iPhone measurement. Measured GPU performance is highly sensitive to driver and API optimisation.
I didn't comment about Snapdragon performance gains, I commented about the use of software with outdated API support to make statements about iPhone relative performance. You really should stop, breathe and read

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview