News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dimensity 9000-based smartphones are tipped to get more expensive in 2022

Started by Redaktion, November 27, 2021, 18:11:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MediaTek's upcoming Dimensity 9000 is now anticipated as a flagship-grade SoC capable of taking Qualcomm's impending counterpart, the Snapdragon 8 Gen1, on in a very real way throughout 2022. This potential boon to competition in the smartphone market might come with a catch, however: a price hike compared to devices based on the 9000's predecessor.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dimensity-9000-based-smartphones-are-tipped-to-get-more-expensive-in-2022.581848.0.html

Rizky

The real issue with mediatek for me is actually about how inferior their custom development compared to Qualcomm.

To me, this is a real deal. Custom development ensure that my device still have some update long after their support has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

6sxred

MediaTek's offerings some to be getting support these days, as almost all chipsets that belong to the Dimensity lineup are supported by many Custom ROM developers, and certain Helio G series chipsets are also getting more and more attention too. It's still inferior to Snapdragon since MediaTek wasn't a flagship SoC maker until recent times, but things are far better now than they were back when the taiwanese company didn't even name its products and would just release them under the MT 6XXX moniker that was basically a red flag lmao.

BishopBlack

I won't believe it until I see it myself.
Once I get a couple of devices with the Snapdragon 8 gen1 and Dimensity 9000 in hand and put them to the test, we'll see where they actually fall.

Hopefully the Dimensity lives up to the hype.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview