News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

$399 USD HP 15 laptop with latest Ryzen 5 CPU, Windows 11, and FHD display is one of the better budget deals you can find

Started by Redaktion, November 25, 2021, 06:25:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 15.6-inch HP is a bargain for performance hunters due to its 6-core Ryzen 5 5500U CPU. Daring users bothered by its measly 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB SSD can try to pry open the bottom of the laptop and stall higher capacity modules.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/399-USD-HP-15-laptop-with-latest-Ryzen-5-CPU-Windows-11-and-FHD-display-is-one-of-the-better-budget-deals-you-can-find.581372.0.html

Cowpie Farmer

RinzImpulse

Quote from: Cowpie Farmer on November 25, 2021, 08:06:20
Same laptop, but with Athlon Gold 3150U, goes for $479 here.
God hates Eastern Europeans.
It's $490+ here, in Indonesia, what are you talking about?

LL

Have a 2018 version for office stuff and it is worse PC i have got, ever.
HP do not upgrade the drivers for it so it crashes - specifically the AMD gpu -when W10 upgrades versions. AMD have to be disabled.

Barbeooh

Quote from: LL on November 26, 2021, 05:20:26
Have a 2018 version for office stuff and it is worse PC i have got, ever.
HP do not upgrade the drivers for it so it crashes - specifically the AMD gpu -when W10 upgrades versions. AMD have to be disabled.
WDDM drivers don't "crash" since Windows 8. Only a graceful state recovery is allowed; otherwise, no WHQL signature will be issued. And I know for a FACT yours is signed.
Oh, and if you want frequent (read: "Game Optimized") driver updates, well then either buy a DEDICATED gaming GPU, or a ProBook which gets them on a fixed cadence (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4). In other words, pay up!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview