News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MediaTek Dimensity 9000 can potentially outperform the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 in CPU, Google Tensor in AI, and be on par with Apple A15 in multi-core, but will not be available in the US

Started by Redaktion, November 20, 2021, 17:33:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MediaTek has announced the new flagship Dimensity 9000 that will soon power Android flagships around the world. The Dimensity 9000 can potentially outperform the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, its successor the 8 Gen 1, and the Exynos 2100, and even the Apple A15 and Google Tensor in some areas. The Dimensity 9000, however, supports only sub-6 5G and as such will not be available in handsets sold in the US.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MediaTek-Dimensity-9000-can-potentially-outperform-the-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-in-CPU-Google-Tensor-in-AI-and-be-on-par-with-Apple-A15-in-multi-core-but-will-not-be-available-in-the-US.580014.0.html

Stuart Brown

The competition goes on, I got great price performance, with an iPad mini 6, trade in on my iPad mini 5, A15 pro, 16 trillion operations per second machine learning at 5nm. But here we see, with Apple having supply problems too, a 4nm chip, with some architectural improvements, yet Apples own work, is similar. Google's Tensor and Qualcomm's snapdragon, these chips bring in 5G, WiFi 6 bandwidth, I know I was pleased, when I got my new iPad, that a hundred apps and a 350 MB update loaded in half an hour, part of that is good cloud backup.

Linking up with my iPhone, but factory reset is fast, connecting with other devices and companies like Xbox, Apple TV, Mac M1, Google YouTube, Gmail, chrome, with it's cloud services, Zoom. As bandwidth becomes more available, I get 750 MB/s, on fibre to the home Wi-Fi 6, so much goes wrong every day, but sometimes it's a breeze. That's due to system on a chip architectures, power efficiency, memory pipelining, for instance, when I use a PCIe4 fan cooled USB C, thunderbolt stick, for backing up my Mac M1, I often get 3GB/s transfer rates.

But there are limitations, I'm surprised they don't simply put more RAM, flash into cheaper systems, a Snapdragon 600, with 12GB's of RAM, 128 GB's of flash and not necessarily the fastest memory. Just the availability improves the performance, my Mac M1, for all it's SOC, power efficiency, RAM on the chip die. Factory resets on the operating system slowly, probably because it only has 8GB of RAM and it's flash at 245GB, isn't all that great either. The Apple memory penalty, somewhat made up for by software tailoring, for known hardware, but the Mac M1 takes longer to factory reset, even with a thunderbolt backup stick, than a AMD Ryzen 5, with plenty of RAM, 16GB, plenty of Flash 500GB.

The lack of RAM throttles it. I know I've rambled on about side issues, but the whole is only the sum of it's weakest link, more PCIe 5, LPDDR5, bandwidth utilisation, by the server and data centres, faster software downloads, will obviously be necessary, to exploit these systems potential.

Rottytops

After benchmarks started exceeding the numbers they were reaching in 2019, I stopped caring so much about CPU and more about GPU. Since I haven't used a Mali GPU since Galaxy S6, I'm actually a little worried about high-end emulation performance /compatibility. How is Mali doing against Adreno these days? It still seems like Qualcomm will continue to be favored for now.

LOL

Mediatek GPU is still crap. That said, first gen products are usually less than satisfying and will take a few more years to be refined.

It is impressive that Mediatek could make a jump to 4nm, and hiring TSMC too. What Mediatek should do is compete on cost, make the Dimensity 9000 about 70-80% the price of a Snapdragon 8gen1.

Ray Marx

Apparently the guy knows s*** the USA beyond the s*** Verizon network, T-Mobile USA ONLY uses sub-6 channel n7 for it's 5G, currently!🤦🏽‍♂️🤯🔫🎅🏼⛄🎄

Ray Marx

Apparently the guy knows s*** about the USA beyond the s*** Verizon network, T-Mobile USA ONLY uses sub-6 channel n7 for it's 5G, currently! Beyond Verizon, few have said anything about using mmWave, T-Mobile USA has flat out decided against it.

🤦🏽‍♂️🤯🔫🎅🏼⛄🎄

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview