News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2021 Asus VivoBook 15 sets a new display standard for budget laptops with its outstanding 1080p OLED panel

Started by Redaktion, November 16, 2021, 06:29:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new affordable 1080p OLED Samsung panel is looking to challenge the usual 1080p IPS panels found on nearly all inexpensive laptops over the past few years.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2021-Asus-VivoBook-15-sets-a-new-display-standard-for-budget-laptops-with-its-outstanding-1080p-OLED-panel.579230.0.html

Barebooh

The biggest issue with Vivobook OLED, is that it has abso-lutely no identity.
It's not distinguishingly "multimedia" in its looks. (check out our 7 years old N551ZU, for example).
It's not even media-consumption oriented; indeed, a 16:9 screen is only native to TV & YouTube, while 99% of actual cinema is in UltraWide (albeit Netflix productions should benefit from deeper blacks).
It's not "PRO", as in "ASUSPRO".
Lazy, sooo lazy. Like everything these days. Half-@$$ed and lazy. Booo.

gil-estel

I don't understand why you are comparing OLED with IPS? Shouldn't you be saying OLED vs. regular LCD?

Dorby

I've seen the first FHD OLED display in person, the ZenBook Flip 13. Luckily it was available in my city. It looks as good as Dell XPS' IPS Displays but I still think QHD is they way because of how Windows handles 1080p resolution, by using Cleartype, which is horrible, horrible. With or without cleartype, 1080p looks jagged and blurry with both text and images.

Sibling model - Asus VivoBook 14 Pro - has 90Hz OLED QHD 16:10 OLED display from Samsung's new 3rd gen tech which fits that bill. Hopefully you guys can review that one.

aenews

Quote from: Dorby on November 16, 2021, 15:15:44
I've seen the first FHD OLED display in person, the ZenBook Flip 13. Luckily it was available in my city. It looks as good as Dell XPS' IPS Displays but I still think QHD is they way because of how Windows handles 1080p resolution, by using Cleartype, which is horrible, horrible. With or without cleartype, 1080p looks jagged and blurry with both text and images.

Sibling model - Asus VivoBook 14 Pro - has 90Hz OLED QHD 16:10 OLED display from Samsung's new 3rd gen tech which fits that bill. Hopefully you guys can review that one.

Yeah, that's a nice display. Personally, I hope Samsung releases a 90-120Hz variant for their 4K AMOLED display on 15.6" laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview