News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HaxMini mini PC launching soon with the super rare Intel-AMD Core i5-8305G processor that most users have probably never heard of

Started by Redaktion, November 11, 2021, 09:04:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The mini PC starts at $499 USD with the integrated Radeon RX Vega M GL GPU, 4 GB of HBM2 VRAM, 8 GB of DDR4 RAM, and 256 GB M.2 2280 SSD. The three-year old processor is apparently still finding some life in more obscure products like the HaxMini.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HaxMini-mini-PC-launching-soon-with-the-super-rare-Intel-AMD-Core-i5-8305G-processor-that-most-users-have-probably-never-heard-of.578497.0.html

Barebooh

On the contrary: Most everyone's heard of Kaby Lake-G by now
It's this Chinese "HaxxMini" (?) garbage that no one's heard about

phusho

Currently it is usable only in Linux, as the Windows drivers are heavily outdated. I have laptop with same CPU inside.

Erik

"Thus, the fact that HaxMini wants to use a 3-year old Kaby Lake-G CPU for its latest mini PC is unheard of. "

So unheard of that you've reported about another miniPC equipped with a Kaby Lake-G, the "Hystou F9", just five days ago.
Quote from: phusho on November 11, 2021, 15:17:05
Currently it is usable only in Linux, as the Windows drivers are heavily outdated. I have laptop with same CPU inside.
Intel should have released new drivers in September. This whole revival of the Kaby Lake G is possibly related to the new drivers and Intel's promise of more regular support in the next months.

eric

Idk about this exact processor, but 8th gen is still a completely viable platform. The other day, I raced two laptops, an 8th gen Latitude and an 11th gen Latitude, clean installing 21H1.
The 8th gen beat the 11th gen by over 3 minutes.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview