News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The flagship USB DAC/headphone amp HiBy FC5 is now available for purchase

Started by Redaktion, November 10, 2021, 22:57:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The HiRes certified FC5 USB DAC/headphone amp by HiBy supports MQA and features a 4.4 mm balanced output with 125 mW output power. The hardware inside the sleek metal body of the FC5 includes the ES9281 Pro DAC, dual ES9603Q headphone amps, hardware volume controls, as well as RGB lights.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-flagship-USB-DAC-headphone-amp-HiBy-FC5-is-now-available-for-purchase.578353.0.html

imo

I don't know much about amps. how does this compare to FiiO BTR5-2021 other than second being Bluetooth. I am asking from audio perspective

Codrut Nistor

Well, this is wired. After using a bunch of TWS and other Bluetooth solutions (at least 6 reviews to be published soon), I can say that, for audiophiles, wired is still the way to go... at least as long as you're not riding the LDAC train. Bluetooth solutions are simply the more convenient approach for most people. If I manage to get my hands on this one, I will probably reach out to FiiO for the BTR5-2021, maybe even buy one in the worst case-scenario. ;)

Meowman

How would this compare with THX Onyx? I think they have the same dac, ES9185pro. I have Onyx hooked up to my desktop to a Google home max speaker, but to be honest, i don't think I'd be able to distinguish the sound if i were to do a blind test with it and without it.

Karl Martin

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview