News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Finger pointed at Pixel 6 fingerprint reader again as an empty battery will break it

Started by Redaktion, November 10, 2021, 02:13:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Another Pixel 6 series fingerprint bug has hit users. This time around, the fingerprint scanner stops working entirely if users let their device run out of battery.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Finger-pointed-at-Pixel-6-fingerprint-reader-again-as-an-empty-battery-will-break-it.578148.0.html

vertigo

It's a security feature, to prevent would-be thieves from accessing the phone if it's stolen and dies before they try to break into it. /s

Seriously, though, it sounds like the phone doesn't halt properly when the battery runs low and the fingerprint files get corrupted. I wonder if anyone it happens to without letting the battery go dead had the phone crash beforehand.

Bryan Young

I have zero problems with mine on a Pixel 6 Pro. It's also really fast to use. I think this is only news, because Apple wants to sell iPhones and this phone is the biggest hindrance to doing so.

Brian Conner

I don't have a problem with the speed. It works fine when it does. The problem is I've registered my thumb as three different fingerprints and it still doesn't recognize it.

Becky Dafoe

I have the Pixel 6 Pro and have absolutely ZERO problems with the fingerprint scanner and I also have an  ArmorSuit matte finish film screen protector on it. Never any issues.

Dustin Newton

Definitely not just news. I've had every single pixel and never had an issue with any of their fingerprint readers. The one that's on the Pixel 6 pro is trash. I've registered my fingers 14 different times and it still works half the time.

Nick75

I have the Pro and have none of the reported problems.

I even made my phone died on purpose to test and the fingerprint reader was working fine after charger and restart.

I don't have the screen flicker issue, nor have I experienced any ghost calling.

Maybe I'm just lucky

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview