News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google claims the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro's slow fingerprint reader recognition is a feature, not a bug

Started by Redaktion, November 09, 2021, 14:51:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Google has weighed in on the speed of the fingerprint readers in the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. Apparently, they are slow because they are more secure, with 'enhanced security algorithms' reducing their speed.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-claims-the-Pixel-6-and-Pixel-6-Pro-s-slow-fingerprint-reader-recognition-is-a-feature-not-a-bug.577958.0.html

vertigo

If it's truly expected and something they were aware of and caused by improved security, they should have been proactive about it. The fact they waited until it was pointed out in reviews to release a statement about it, as if caught off-guard by the findings, suggests that either they're full of it or that they simply chose to hide something they knew would bother people.

X Ram

I read the title and fell off my chair!😃 Just look at the rest of pixel line, never has Google given us a hassle free phone, so I didn't expect much from this one either but calling the short coming a feature is as ridiculous as when Apple claimed, about antenna gate, the users don't get the phone right in their hands!😃

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview