News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Discord Nitro users start canceling subscriptions en masse as CEO teases Ethereum and NFT integration

Started by Redaktion, November 09, 2021, 08:36:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A tweet from Jason Citron, the founder and CEO of Discord, has resulted in a flurry of Nitro users canceling their subscriptions with the popular messaging service. The provocative post featured a screenshot of Discord settings that included new options for storing crypto and NFTs and showed an image of the Discord and Ethereum logos.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Discord-Nitro-users-start-canceling-subscriptions-en-masse-as-CEO-teases-Ethereum-and-NFT-integration.577971.0.html

Wereweeb

"while others are worried about the pyramid/Ponzi scheme perception that has attached itself to NFT digital token trading."

This is like saying that homeopathy is "being perceived as snake oil", or that flat earthers are "perceived as science deniers" lol

Pf

Strange I did 20 seconds of something like "investigational journalism" and found that of the 10 users I saw on the discord forum all had created the account that very day, all with the same stock responded about nfts damage to the environment. Probably not a huge concern of gamers with 400 watt power supplys

Barebooh

Aside from its reputation as the prime, No. 1 pedophile enablement platform, the desktop client software is one hideous, bloated PoS. So naturally, Cr*pto fits perfect with this image.
Alas, a surprising display of dignity from the users. Hat's off.

Codrut Nistor

kek

Quote from: Pf on November 09, 2021, 13:01:43
Strange I did 20 seconds of something like "investigational journalism" and found that of the 10 users I saw on the discord forum all had created the account that very day, all with the same stock responded about nfts damage to the environment. Probably not a huge concern of gamers with 400 watt power supplys

I hope you did your "journalism" well, since it seems you dont even know how a power supply works.

Malmalini

Doesn't matter what some upset users think they know about crypto (they don't, all they know is clickbait journalism).  There are stronger economic incentives for companies to integrate these assets into their systems long term. 

When you have thought leaders like Tim Cook and famous investors holding bitcoin and other crypto as assets in a diversified portfolio the writing is on the wall.  It's going mainstream.

Anonym

Quote from: kek on November 09, 2021, 15:32:09I hope you did your "journalism" well, since it seems you dont even know how a power supply works.
True. However, if you get past the many levels of wrong in that sentence, it's not like true gaming PCs will have much trouble to pull far beyond 400W or that the usual gamer-types will even think twice about running their rigs in the most energy inefficient settings only for the sake of some marginal improvement.

Out of all inefficiencies in the computing world, are gamers really in the best position to preach "eco consciousness"? Sounds a lot like taking a private jet to attend a conference to "save the environment"... oh wait, that's how it's supposed to happen.

Aeden

Considering how often a new security exploit is discovered for Discord, this seems like it will make it an even bigger target for bad actors.

Justchad

John Meier

Quote from: Malmalini on November 09, 2021, 17:30:55
Doesn't matter what some upset users think they know about crypto (they don't, all they know is clickbait journalism).  There are stronger economic incentives for companies to integrate these assets into their systems long term. 

When you have thought leaders like Tim Cook and famous investors holding bitcoin and other crypto as assets in a diversified portfolio the writing is on the wall.  It's going mainstream.

The smug people saying "It's going mainstream" are usually the same people who doesn't want crypto to be taxed or regulated, stoopid money launderers

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview