News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Chuwi CoreBook X Pro refresh released with a 144 Hz display

Started by Redaktion, November 07, 2021, 01:15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Chuwi has refreshed the CoreBook X Pro, a budget laptop that previously had a 120 Hz display. Now, the CoreBook X Pro contains a 144 Hz panel, but no other upgrades are forthcoming, such as a move away from its three-year-old processor.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Chuwi-CoreBook-X-Pro-refresh-released-with-a-144-Hz-display.577709.0.html

Ednumero

I don't mind the display upgrade, especially if it also came with a color space improvement. The market is in need of options like this, so pushing it more towards filling that space well is welcome in my eyes.

The CPU is older, but aside from being technically older what consequences would that carry for the target audience? Needless concern for the CPU is how we get terribly mis-balanced options in the first place - e.g. "i7" U-series chips with 768p TN panels. I don't so much mind a laptop that lags behind a bit here if in exchange it does so well in areas the user can actually see.

I do agree on the build quality points, though. Perhaps it would have been best for them to focus on improving that first.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview