News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9-12900K and i5-12600K lead ominous Alder Lake assault on UserBenchmark's charts as highest Ryzen chip languishes in 17th position

Started by Redaktion, November 03, 2021, 11:18:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Alder Lake chips now occupy the top three positions in the UserBenchmark charts, with the Intel Core i9-12900K, i5-12600K, and i7-12700K being the current 12th Gen entries. Intel's grip over this particular benchmark is so tight that the highest-ranked AMD chip, the Ryzen 9 5900X, is stuck in lowly 17th place.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i9-12900K-and-i5-12600K-lead-ominous-Alder-Lake-assault-on-UserBenchmark-s-charts-as-highest-Ryzen-chip-languishes-in-17th-position.576855.0.html

Bo Shumok

There was never any doubt that userbenchmark would put 12th gen at the top of the list as soon as they could, regardless of it's performance.

Damage_control

AMD fanbois in damage control mode. If AMD doesn't win then it is not the right benchmark. Only Cinebench is the benchmark that matters...bla bla bla.... Well, guess what, 12th gen Alder lake is now winning in Cinebench as well. They are winning every benchmark including the "AMD sponsored" Ashes of the Singularity. The moving of the goalpost is laughable.

Imglidinhere

Quote from: Damage_control on November 03, 2021, 19:20:03
AMD fanbois in damage control mode. If AMD doesn't win then it is not the right benchmark. Only Cinebench is the benchmark that matters...bla bla bla.... Well, guess what, 12th gen Alder lake is now winning in Cinebench as well. They are winning every benchmark including the "AMD sponsored" Ashes of the Singularity. The moving of the goalpost is laughable.

What are you talking about? Userbenchmark is legitimately Intel-biased.

When Zen 3 first launched, the 5950X was listed as only the 4th in the list, whereas literally every single other review site, techtuber or article showcased AMD as the victor across the board.

Every category was won by AMD, when Zen 3 launched, by Userbench's metrics. It wasn't even a matter of Intel winning maybe one or two spots and AMD winning the rest. No, AMD had the lead in every spot. Still didn't net them top of the charts.

Also the only benchmark that exists currently (it's Nov 3rd right now, given this WILL come up in the future) is from CPUz and that's literally ALL we have to go on. Also... What exactly are you on about with moving the goalpost? SERIOUSLY? The moment Intel caught wind of Ryzen gen 1 they called it a "glued-together" CPU and started talking about "real world benchmarks." They ousted Blender and claimed it "wasn't reaslistic" when in fact it's more realistic than just about any other benchmark as it's been used, SINCE THEN to make some crazy good animations and even a few up-coming shows.

That didn't age too well did it?

Ball's in their court and Alder Lake is set to be a pretty beast of a CPU if we're to believe what's been posted. Guess we'll find out in the end. :P

JuanV

It's userbenchmark, nobody cares!... Except Intel fanboys... Userbenchmark stopped being relevant and reputable years ago! Intel finally came out with  something inspired. Alder lake will no doubt be very good but it's disappointing to see all the dishonesty in boosting it up.

JorgeV

The only conclusion of this benchmars is that the 12900k is about 12% faster for that testing configuration than the 11900k and this is not much.
It seems that previous benchmarks were done with a big overclocking

Lol

Quote from: Damage_control on November 03, 2021, 19:20:03

LMFAO are you being real? Ask any reputable member of the tech reviewing community what they think of Userbenchmarks, and their laughable awful bias. Moving goalposts? You mean like how UBM changed the algorithm completely when their numbers started favoring AMD at zen 2 launch, blowing everything Intel out of the water. Are we forgetting that UBM kept grasping at straws about how spending more on your CPU and get an i7 or i9 instead of the 3600 was a good thing, but then reversed course when the 5600X came out? Suddenly their review states that spending less on an inferior Intel CPU is the better option.

UBM is a joke, and anyone fanboying for any hardware company is a fucking idiot regardless which side you're on.

Trịnh Minh Tài

gianni

I'm pretty annoyed generally with any and all coverage of userbenchmark because it doesn't do anyone any good on either side, it is purely a horrible benchmark. It gives Intel diehards justification for immense performance discrepancies that do not genuinely exist, and it gives AMD diehards reason to discount any advantage Intel has due to userbenchmark being a POS. Everyone in the middle is stuck reading an article about a service that doesn't benefit potential buyers or tech enthusiasts at all, and simply spews highly unreliable data out of some perplexing incentive to glorify Intel. Alder Lake is very much competitive, and objectively serves as a product that will score highly on benchmarks relative to AMD, but writing about Userbenchmark promotes a bad benchmark; if anyone ends up making a buying decision based on this benchmark due to its coverage they are being done a great disservice. It is best, in my mind, for everyone to simply pretend it does not exist.

Pedro Lucas

If it is so biased, as the text says, why even write about it, if it is a waste of time to read it...useless.
Real world benchmarks, that is what matters, with real world systems and released CPUs, not 10000€ systems with hydrogen cooling and such idiocies.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview