News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Edge finally hits Linux properly

Started by Redaktion, November 02, 2021, 23:51:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Almost a year after the release of the first public preview of Microsoft Edge for Linux, the Redmond giant has finally released the first stable version of this piece of code. This flavor comes in .deb and .rpm packages and is supposed to fully support Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, and openSUSE.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Edge-finally-hits-Linux-properly.576836.0.html

Barebooh

I always love reading about "this great NEW technology" finally "making it" to some platform.
This PoS is literally Google Chrome. With a different icon (like all browsers nowadays, duh). What in the world took you so long? What part? Here, have a marker, highlight it for me.

Hunter2020

There is no point releasing Edge on Linux.  My fave distro is Deepin.  It comes with Deepin browser based on latest Chromium.  That makes Edge redundant.  Plus we all know Edge is Microsoft spyware.

Just stay where you're only good at MS and that is u purely a Windows company with no business snooping around in mobile OS nor Linux!

kek

Quote from: Hunter2020 on November 03, 2021, 16:35:54
There is no point releasing Edge on Linux.  My fave distro is Deepin.  It comes with Deepin browser based on latest Chromium.  That makes Edge redundant.  Plus we all know Edge is Microsoft spyware.

Just stay where you're only good at MS and that is u purely a Windows company with no business snooping around in mobile OS nor Linux!

You complain about spyware and you are using a Linux distribution that came out of mainland China, the joke writes itself.

Quote from: Barebooh on November 03, 2021, 09:30:59
I always love reading about "this great NEW technology" finally "making it" to some platform.
This PoS is literally Google Chrome. With a different icon (like all browsers nowadays, duh). What in the world took you so long? What part? Here, have a marker, highlight it for me.

I'll give you a point: it did took them a lot of time. I wonder what's up.

john wallace

This is of zero use to Linux or it's users and neither is anything else that Microsoft does. It may seem like MS supporting Linux is a good thing but Microsoft is only interested in Linux and open source where it's good for their profits and sales of their software.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview