News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Tensor's Exynos roots revealed in Pixel 6 code

Started by Redaktion, October 31, 2021, 22:02:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Google's first try at an in-house chipset, Tensor, is proving to be rather capable. It appears, however, that the Pixel 6's chipset isn't as original as Google's marketing would lead one to believe, with code showing a strong relationship with Samsung's Exynos.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Tensor-s-Exynos-roots-revealed-in-Pixel-6-code.576493.0.html

AD4Kay

I sort of thought this was known? Not desputing the point of the article, but it's been known for a while what all the cores were, two X1 "high performance cores" instead of the typical one, but older A76 "mid cores" instead of newer A78, but otherwise pretty much an Exynos in terms of the conventional components.

I'm in the US, so even Samsung flagships come with the ubiquitous 888 in every other flagship, so I was interested in Pixel just by it being *different* even if not necessarily *better*. CPU performance has been in diminishing returns territory for years now, at least in terms of Android hardware, so the fact that it scores even a little better or worse in certain benchmarks is if nothing else, a nice change of pace for us. I'm interested to see how real-world performance is going to be given its stacked more heavily in GPU than the Snapdragon 888, and whether the ML components will have any benefit over the 888's ML components.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview