News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Yuzu Switch emulator gets AMD Fidelity FX Super Resolution (FSR) support for better performance when running BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey at 4K and beyond

Started by Redaktion, October 25, 2021, 11:45:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Yuzu's resolution scaling feature recently received a massive update. Alongside a more effective texture scaling solution, Yuzu developers added in support for AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution upscaling feature, making 4K Breath of The Wild more accessible than before.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Yuzu-Switch-emulator-gets-AMD-Fidelity-FX-Super-Resolution-FSR-support-for-better-performance-when-running-BOTW-and-Super-Mario-Odyssey-at-4K-and-beyond.575050.0.html

YUKI93

Is it possible for me to run this Switch emulator while using the original copy of the game? I don't support piracy and I don't want to illegally download the game.

Joe

Quote from: YUKI93 on October 25, 2021, 13:53:00
Is it possible for me to run this Switch emulator while using the original copy of the game? I don't support piracy and I don't want to illegally download the game.
Yes it's possible. Visit the Yuzu Emulator site and check the FAQ for instructions.

BreadFish64

Hello, I'm the developer who added FSR and implemented other post-processing options for this release. I think there's a couple misunderstandings here.
QuoteThe Yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator recently received a major overhaul to its resolution scaling feature.
Just to be clear, the old resolution scaling feature was removed some time ago because it interfered with other important improvements to the rendering backends. So we haven't had it in awhile.
QuoteSurprisingly, the initial screenshots shared by the Yuzu dev team indicate that FSR scaling seems to deliver better image quality than the old resolution upscaler with bilinear filtering enabled. In the screenshots, we see FSR better reproduce high frequency detail in the Metroid Dread comparison, despite running at a lower nominal resolution.
We are not running any comparisons against the old resolution scaler. Both the bilinear and FSR comparison images are being rendered at the same resolution, but the comparison shows that FSR does a much better job of scaling that low resolution image to the window resolution than plain bilinear filtering.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview