News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tipster outs CPU-Z benchmark results for i5-12600K: beats the i9-11900K and nearly doubles the 5600X's multithreaded score

Started by Redaktion, October 24, 2021, 14:29:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tipster @TUM_APISAK recently shared what appear to be leaked CPU-Z benchmarks for the Alder Lake i5-12600K. The 10-core CPU delivers better performance in the benchmarks than the previous-gen flagship i9-11900K, and nearly doubles the score of the Ryzen 5 5600X.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tipster-outs-CPU-Z-benchmark-results-for-i5-12600K-beats-the-i9-11900K-and-nearly-doubles-the-5600X-s-multithreaded-score.574934.0.html

Phyzzi

Benchmarking an i5 pre-release? Sus. I would believe an i7, or an i9 (whatever the fully operational version of the chip ends up being, as opposed to a post QA downgrade chip) but benchmarking an i5 seems weird, since it's like taking the 0-60 of a preproduction Porsche... with intake limiters. Or whatever. Anyway, it seems sus.

David Kavic

And did you factor in the power consumption? It's going to be high. This is nothing to be impressed by, because Intel should be making a performance jump against a chip that has been out for a year now. Also, they mocked AMD for using chiplet design, but now they've essentially copied them.

LaB NZ

Nearly doubles the 5600x multi thread test in cpuz? Didn't think that it hit 10,000? My 5600x does easy 5150 score, plus the fact it has intel has more cores?

Mussels

Ah yes, the 10 core CPU is faster multi threaded than 6 and 8 core competing chips

Colour me *shocked*

Single threaded, sure. That's good progress.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview