News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Unboxed Apple MacBook Pro 16 in leaked hands-on video makes the 15-inch MacBook Pro look petite in comparison

Started by Redaktion, October 24, 2021, 00:08:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 2021 Apple MacBook Pro 16 has appeared in a leaked hands-on review of the laptop by a Vietnamese YouTuber. The new 16-inch model is compared with a 15-inch MacBook Pro, and it clearly looks considerably bigger than its predecessor. The video shows how well the MacBook Pro 16's display notch can be hidden during operation.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Unboxed-Apple-MacBook-Pro-16-in-leaked-hands-on-video-makes-the-15-inch-MacBook-Pro-look-petite-in-comparison.574867.0.html

Matthew Ern Rui Loh

There is no such thing as an "M1-powered Macbook Pro 15 inch"

Fixed. Thanks.

splus

Lol, this is THICC! Not sure how this will sit with Apple loyalists... Apple was always all about thin devices.

Tridents

Quote from: splus on October 24, 2021, 09:08:10
Lol, this is THICC! Not sure how this will sit with Apple loyalists... Apple was always all about thin devices.
The thickness is almost the same as the previous models (just 3% more, 0.5mm), it's the difference in design that makes it look much thicker.

JamesV2

Can't wait for the review with full brightness measurements. If this panel is limited to 500 nit for desktop apps, I would be extremely disappointed.

Tridents

Quote from: JamesV2 on October 24, 2021, 10:04:55
Can't wait for the review with full brightness measurements. If this panel is limited to 500 nit for desktop apps, I would be extremely disappointed.

Apple says "1000 nits sustained (full-screen) brightness, 1600 nits peak brightness", so it doesn't seem like it is limited to 500 nits

qwerpo

Damn, these macbooks look so bad in comparison to other premium segment laptop models like HP, Dell or Asus. As I am comparing the refresh,  and I would have to guess without knowing, I would say older one is the more recent version, it just looks more modern, additionally notch looks ridiculous, it is unfathomable to me why they put it in, taking into consideration XPS does not need one, and new MAcbooks do not even have face id. I guess they want a brand recognizability, but god damn it looks so ugly.

Dorby

Quote from: Tridents on October 24, 2021, 11:10:08

Apple says "1000 nits sustained (full-screen) brightness, 1600 nits peak brightness", so it doesn't seem like it is limited to 500 nits
This was the case for iPad 12.9.

"No, the SDR brightness is rated at 600 nits, testing HDR peak brightness is hard and only relevant in photos and movies."      - Klaus Hinum -

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPad-Pro-12-9-2021-tablet-review-A-Mini-LED-trump-card.548142.0.html#toc-8

Tridents

Quote from: Dorby on October 24, 2021, 16:49:13
Quote from: Tridents on October 24, 2021, 11:10:08

This was the case for iPad 12.9.

"No, the SDR brightness is rated at 600 nits, testing HDR peak brightness is hard and only relevant in photos and movies."      - Klaus Hinum -

Not the same case of the iPad.
For the iPad Pro Apple says:
"600 nits max brightness
1000 nits max full-screen brightness;
1600 nits peak brightness (HDR)"

For this new MacBook it says 1000 nits sustained (full-screen) brightness. No other lower lower value is presented, and if they say sustained it should be selectable.

JamesV2

Quote from: Tridents on October 24, 2021, 18:08:29
For this new MacBook it says 1000 nits sustained (full-screen) brightness. No other lower lower value is presented, and if they say sustained it should be selectable.

According to macrumors, 500 nits is the max brightness for SDR content (regular desktop apps):

"Update: Apple has since confirmed that the new MacBook Pro displays indeed have a peak brightness of 500 nits for SDR content."

www.macrumors.com/2021/10/19/new-16-inch-macbook-pro-brighter-display/

Waiting for a proper review before jumping the gun.

PrussianHomage

Quote from: qwerpo on October 24, 2021, 12:21:42
Damn, these macbooks look so bad in comparison to other premium segment laptop models like HP, Dell or Asus. As I am comparing the refresh,  and I would have to guess without knowing, I would say older one is the more recent version, it just looks more modern, additionally notch looks ridiculous, it is unfathomable to me why they put it in, taking into consideration XPS does not need one, and new MAcbooks do not even have face id. I guess they want a brand recognizability, but god damn it looks so ugly.

You're right Dell's latest design iteration of it's XPS line looks much better design-wise than this. However, that mini-led display is superior to anything that the Dell XPS 15 or 17 can get now, OLED doesn't count.

Connor Hansen

Quote from: qwerpo on October 24, 2021, 12:21:42
Damn, these macbooks look so bad in comparison to other premium segment laptop models like HP, Dell or Asus

Its true its thick. but i'm actually really happy. I owned an xps 13 intel 10th gen. and I never cared how thin it was. but the battery life when programming was a JOKE, 3.5 hours at the most.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview