News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google's five years of software support for the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 has a relatively large caveat

Started by Redaktion, October 23, 2021, 21:48:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Google has confirmed that its five years of software support for the Pixel 6 series does not cover all software for the devices. Unfortunately, Google can only guarantee five years of security patch updates, with three major OS updates coming the way of the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro too.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-s-five-years-of-software-support-for-the-Pixel-6-and-Pixel-6-has-a-relatively-large-caveat.574832.0.html

Vlad

To be honest the newer Android versions don't bring any killer features for me. If anything, Android 12's changes have been a nuisance (reminds me of old Youtube redesigns).

The security updates mean that I can comfortably pass the phone on to someone else without them bothering me about malware. I'd probably worry about the phone battery dying before the updates even stop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview