News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New 2021 MacBook Pro supposedly illustrates that Apple's product designs prioritize function over form since Jony Ive has left the company

Started by Redaktion, October 21, 2021, 00:50:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The recently launched and redesigned 2021 MacBook Pro with its expanded connectivity, but also the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 supposedly herald the beginning of a new design era in which Apple prefers function over form when it comes to the design of its products.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-2021-MacBook-Pro-supposedly-illustrates-that-Apple-s-product-designs-prioritize-function-over-form-since-Jony-Ive-has-left-the-company.574208.0.html

Loki Rautio

And so begins the return of Apple's golden years. I knew Ive's departure from a major decision making role in the company would do some good. Didn't think it'd do us HDMI port in a MacBook again good, but it did. Now about that right to repair thing...

Dorby

Finally going back to Mac OS again, after all these years. Can't wait to read you guys' full reviews.

jydouves

You forgot to mention the first Apple Pen that had to be charged on a female lighting port... ::) So cringe, so brittle.

djraag

Good Riddence .... Jony Ive.

The Son of a Jeweler (literally) was obsessed with form over functionality, minimalism & making utility objects such as Computers looking slim & beautiful, such that we could flaunt at our neighborhood hipster coffee shop.  ;D

In the process we ended up with expanding batteries causing malfunction of the track-pad, sharp edges on the where the arm rests while typing, & cracked hinges on the plastic macbooks, failing electronic components due to heat, on the 2015 - 2016 era silver macbooks, that had no way to dissipate heat due inadequate vents because they look ugly on the outside, .... ::) & the list goes on & on. I say this I have worked in the electronics hardware Industry for over 20 years. One of the biggest stress on electronics that causes it fail is heat.

I hear from apple insiders that. this Clown wanted to get rid of the headphone jack from the very first iPhone. Eventually he got his was on the iPhone 7.  There went the convenience of having a mobile recording studio in my pocket.  :(

totototo

I think it just illustrates Apple's complete lack of innovation these days.

Iphone 12/13 is basically an iphone 4
MacBook pro 2021 is basically a MacBook 2006

They are just recycling old product because they have no idea how to innovate anymore.
Like it or not, Microsoft Surface product line is far more innovative.

The biggest joke with the MacBook 2021, is that they reintroduced everything they had removed over the past 5 years.

Bobby McGee

I worked with a clown like that once. His UI designs were crap but the CEO liked him.  If you didn't exclaim how brilliant the clown was you would find yourself isolated and on the way out.

Bobby McGee

I worked with a clown like that once. His UI designs were crap but the CEO liked him.  If you didn't exclaim how brilliant the clown was you would find yourself isolated and on the way out.

Jamie Capurso

I don't know what moron thought 1 port type for a laptop was a good idea but there must be even more morons who agreed with him that still work there. They also don't have anyone to user test their decision for port placement because they would have realised to put the hdmi port on the same side as the power to minimise how often a cable needs to be put on both sides of the machine. Magsafe/Hdmi/usb port on left side would cover 99% of user situations. Also no Hdmi 2.1 in 2021 with a machine that has a 120hz screen proves my first point, lots of morons still work there.

MrHaken

Quote from: Jamie Capurso on October 22, 2021, 02:08:59
I don't know what moron thought 1 port type for a laptop was a good idea but there must be even more morons who agreed with him that still work there. They also don't have anyone to user test their decision for port placement because they would have realised to put the hdmi port on the same side as the power to minimise how often a cable needs to be put on both sides of the machine. Magsafe/Hdmi/usb port on left side would cover 99% of user situations. Also no Hdmi 2.1 in 2021 with a machine that has a 120hz screen proves my first point, lots of morons still work there.

I don't know about later models but my MacBook Pro couldn't drive an external display at full resolution using HDMI, so DisplayPort and power on same side when at work station.  HDMI on right was mostly used when giving presentations, often without power, so ok to be on the left. 

Can recent MacBook Pros drive highest resolution displays with HDMI? 

Resuna

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview