News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia allegedly halting RTX 3000 production this October to keep prices as high as possible until 1H22

Started by Redaktion, October 15, 2021, 18:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Moore's Law Is Dead is back with quite the allegation. Unnamed sources are claiming that Nvidia is trying to manipulate the market by halting the production of all its RTX 3000 gaming GPUs in late October in order to keep street prices as high as possible until next year, when refreshed models could make these inflated prices the norm. This move might also be planned in order to mitigate a possible price crash caused by miners dumping many GPUs after Ethereum goes full POS.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-allegedly-halting-RTX-3000-production-this-October-to-keep-prices-as-high-as-possible-until-1H22.573312.0.html

Erik

This is the same pro-AMD conspiracy guy who predicted a "flood" of RTX 3060 in August
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDnwT5h472c
I'd sooner believe in horoscopes than taking seriously any rumour that he makes. Especially if it concerns Ngreedia.

Justauser

It is not pro AMD or Nvidia or even Intel article it is pro monopoly and market conspiracy, which is complete TRUE. Intel, AMD and Nvidia all of them in conspiracy to keep prices as high as it possibly by all means, and they pay handsomely to people who is on charge to check this or make anti trust probe into thier practice.

A4MULA

We've seen this game played in the memory and screen sectors over and over.  The sad thing is even after hefty fines and *stern* warnings it's still more profitable to screw the consumer when ever possible.  It's okay I'll keep using my just fine 970 until Ether crash.

Meelis

Even the 3060 mobile will add 700 eur to laptop price. Ryzen 9 and 7 5000 series igp's are good enough for non gaming tasks. Right now there are only 3 laptops withe igp and ryzeny 4800-5900, that have user upgradable ram up to 64gb. All 3 are Linux laptops:
TUXEDO Pulse 15 1,5 kg
Slimbook prox 15 1,5 kg
System 76 Pangolin 1,65 kg

cpu_architect_guy

This conspiracy is absolutely nonsense.
This rumor doesn't pass the smell test.

Right now, there is huge pent up demand for NVIDIA's (and AMD) GPUs.  They would make more money if they could build more product.  They both have every incentive to make as many as they can while they know they can sell them instantly.  Deciding to throw away guaranteed money now, in order to keep scarcity/prices high makes no sense.  6 months from now there might be a viable intel GPU, new AMD products that might compete better, or the supposed flood of used crypto GPUs. Those might make it harder to sell every GPU you could possibly manufacture at the prices NVIDIA would like.  So the idea of holding back making money now in order to somehow magically maintain higher prices in a competitive marketplace in the future makes no sense.  As they say, make hay while the sun shines.  Don't decide to cut back on hay production so that you can maybe make more when it might rain later.

This rumor is just stupid.

Nvidia&AMDsux

companies as big as Nvidia and AMD can't produce more GPUs?
Was expecting something like this from these cat eyes asinine imbeciles...

ChrisK

This type of market manipulation should be illegal. I'm surprised the UKs strict consumer Laws haven't kicked in.

Damian Roy Day

Let them charge as much as they want, I've not bought a GPU since my 1060 and at these prices I won't bother! If idiots want to pay inflated prices more fool them

DW

I can't believe this site is spreading misinformation from that AMD fanboi Moore's Law guy. Past info from his "sources" have mostly turned out to be false but somehow people still keep watching him. This is why social media is so dangerous cause truth and actual evidence doesn't matter. People believe what they want to believe.

Smacklebavk

Lex R

Something similar happened back when Bitcoin was just gaining traction so I find this article totally believable.

(Prices in CAD)

Just look at GPU prices in this last year.  I bought my ROG Strix 5700 XT last year for $600.  It died on me this year and I replaced it with the ROG Strix 6700 XT... for $1150!  For a negligible performance increase, paying double doesn't seem like a good deal, and I wish I'd just bought some used 1070 or something for $300.

Also, if Nvidia does this, there is NO REASON for companies like AMD or Intel to give a s***.  Nvidia prices go up, then so do theirs.  There is no such thing as "competition" in markets like this.  They all work together to maximize their profits.

Oh, and you can thank all the idiots that paid scalper prices for this price hike, because Nvidia saw that clearly, people were willing to (aka. could afford to) pay the insane markup.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview