News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia's LHR hashrate limitation for GeForce RTX GPUs can be easily bypassed by mining two crypto coins at the same time

Started by Redaktion, October 07, 2021, 23:23:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ingenious developers of cryptomining software are making considerable progress in bypassing Nvidia's imperfect hashrate limiter that is built into the latest LHR variants of its GeForce RTX graphics cards.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-s-LHR-hashrate-limitation-for-GeForce-RTX-GPUs-can-be-easily-bypassed-by-mining-two-crypto-coins-at-the-same-time.570157.0.html

Faris Hanafiah

Crypto miners really are the worst. Nvidia made a cryptomining-specific cards and yet they are still going for gaming-specific cards? No wonder why graphic cards are now overpriced in second hand market nowadays.  >:(

shreyas chandavarkar

I needed cmp lineup GPUs to mine, But, any cmp gpu, say 50hx is available at 1050 usd, whilst I can get an equivalent 2060 at 540 usd. I am obviously gonna buy the 2060. The problem is, even when most of these cmp cards are on the tsmc prod. Cap and not samsung. Nvidia is charging some kind of premium and isn't making it available. I have an order for more than 300k GPUs. I contacted NVIDIA directly. Nobody says anything. You are just ignored. After a lot of effort I found one OEM gpu manufacturer in China. He told me that Nvidia had stopped supplying OEM manufacturers chipsets to manufacture cmp lineup GPUs. If Nvidia makes mining GPUs cheaper and doesn't tryto take them in a weird privilege class. Life will be all good

misiopysio

Why don't they just make more cards?
Did you ever hear about any factory complaining it has too much demand on their products.

Scrappple

It is every buyers god given right to do what they want with their hardware. I game on my cards and mine when not gaming. My 3070 has already paid for itself and the 2nd one is well on its way. All the while my self and kids using the PC when we want to game our hearts away. NVidia and AMD have created a false "scarcity" of chips for manufacturers on purpose.

GPU's will eventually be fully customizable boards like motherboards giving the use the ability to build and customize them. All the components of a GPU are standard except for the processor. The memory and cooling can all be 3rd party. It's another cash grab by manufacturers to overcharge for basic components. Just like Apple.

Edi

Is it possible to dual mine with multiple RTX 3070 LHR? Two of these GPUs would have 8+8GB=16 GB VRAM GDDR6. This would be more than enough for ETH and Rravencoin, or am I wrong here?

cosdal

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview