News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel 12th gen Alder Lake-P and Alder Lake-M mobile SKUs to enter production between Q4 2021 and Q1 2022; Up to 14 cores, Xe GT3, PCie Gen5, and DDR5 on the anvil

Started by Redaktion, October 06, 2021, 07:23:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Alder Lake-P and Alder Lake-M will be the mobile offerings in the 12th generation, and Intel is expected to begin production between Q4 2021 and Q1 2022. Alder Lake-P will replace Tiger Lake-H35, H45, and UP3 families featuring up to 14 cores, 96-EU Xe GT3 graphics, PCIe Gen5, Wi-Fi 6E, and DDR5 support.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-12th-gen-Alder-Lake-P-and-Alder-Lake-M-mobile-SKUs-to-enter-production-between-Q4-2021-and-Q1-2022-Up-to-14-cores-Xe-GT3-PCie-Gen5-and-DDR5-on-the-anvil.568734.0.html

decebal popescu

For anyone waiting to pull the trigger on a laptop, i suggest you wait until next year, see what these new cpus bring to the table. either that or the current ones will be cheaper by then :D

pelican-freeze

Any hope of alder lake P finally allowing Intel to compete at 15-18w again (vs 5800u or m1) or is that going to have to wait until 2024+?

The platform looks interesting - tb4, wifi 6e, ddr5, pcie5 etc - but if your interest is performance only the 35-45w+ parts look even remotely competitive and only at higher power usage than amd / apple...

-frustrated Intel fan

anan

Quote from: decebal popescu on October 06, 2021, 09:10:45
For anyone waiting to pull the trigger on a laptop, i suggest you wait until next year, see what these new cpus bring to the table. either that or the current ones will be cheaper by then :D
These CPUs do look very enticing. But when will they be in shipping products? And at what amounts? As I understand these will be on a new manufacturing process. It could lead to initial shortages and/or higher prices.

VoidZero

Quote from: decebal popescu on October 06, 2021, 09:10:45

That's exactly what I'm doing. Holding off to my 6700HQ until we get a better picture of how these CPUs hold up against AMD offerings.

BTW, any news regarding the beefier H55 Mobile SKU which is supposed to have 8 Big Cores + 8 Little Cores?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview