News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Windows 11 is now widely available, but gaming performance regressions and File Explorer memory leaks remain unresolved

Started by Redaktion, October 05, 2021, 08:04:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Insiders have noticed a few show-stopping bugs with Windows 11, which is now officially available for all eligible PCs. Users have noticed that virtualization-based security, which will be enabled by default in all OEM PCs, can have a drastic impact on frame rates in games. Also being observed is a File Explorer memory leak bug in which closing the Explorer windows does not release back the allocated memory.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Windows-11-is-now-widely-available-but-gaming-performance-regressions-and-File-Explorer-memory-leaks-remain-unresolved.568613.0.html

Windows7user

I wouldn't upgrade to 11 if Microsoft paid me a &$1000.
It's the worst buginfested os ever
Even worse when 10 came out!

Pure garbage!

vertigo

XP and W7, as good as they were, still had a bunch of issues at EOL. W10, after years, still has a bunch of issues, ones that have existed for years, if not the entirety of its existence. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that W11 has problems, too, and the optimism of some writers (not talking about this article, just in general) that the issues will be fixed amazes me. It's as if they haven't been paying attention over the past decade plus. Microsoft is like every other big company out there, throwing something together with ridiculous changes just for the sake of change, apparently in an attempt by the employees to justify their jobs and because it's easier to more or less start over and make something new than to fix the issues in their current products.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview