News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell totally forgot one small but important detail on its newest Alienware x15 and x17 lineup

Started by Redaktion, October 02, 2021, 01:27:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The backlight on the older Alienware m15 keyboard would light up all keys and symbols, but this is not true on the Alienware x15 or x17 for reasons unknown.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-totally-forgot-one-small-but-important-detail-on-its-newest-Alienware-x15-and-x17-lineup.567749.0.html

Tim Wilson

My Dell gaming laptop died in 6 months. Warranty seems to be about as good as the machine was. Send it back end of Aug 2021 still no refund? Likely have to go to small claims court to get my money back. 1000's of the same online. Don't buy Dell

Unlessround Isfunny

The only way to have a good experience with Dell is to pony up for their top of the line extended warranty.  I bought an Area 51M for $4500, and the screen hinge started to fail less than 2 weeks later.  So I  sent it in for repair and...waited almost three months to get it back.  Every time I called Dell during that truly appalling 90 day period, I was put on hold for 25 minutes and then told I would get the system back next week.  And then I wouldn't.  This happened three times, as if I were some twit witg one of their $250 Chromebooks. But I paid $4500 for their best system, which I thought would have earned me some goodwill. Nope.  I didn't have the upgraded warranty  so they treated me like a punk anyway.

When I got the system back I  discovered that they had replaced my gsync panel with a non gsync panel.  So I called them, waited on hold forever, and then spent an hour talking to a rep who just wouldn't believe me when I said they used the wrong screen.  Why?  Because the repair notes he was looking at said they used the right one, and I guess Dell's internal service logs trump reality even when they are entered by the same idiot who installed the wrong screen.  At any rate, I shipped the system back to them on May 2nd, and was told I'd get it back in a week since I had already waited so long on the first "repair"--which seemed like a really generous word to use to describe not fixing the one problem I had, and then causing a brand new one that I didn't.

I never got the computer back.  By the end of June, they hadn't fixed it bc they couldn't get the part, and after moving my way up the customer service management chain, they agreed to send me a refurbished system with better specs to make up for the fact that during my six months of ownership, Dell had been in possession of my computer for five of them.

At that point, i cleverly deduced that a 1 year warranty wouldn't be enough on a system Dell could neither build nor repair correctly on the first try, and couldn't even begin the repair on the second.  So I plunked down another $800, got the Cadillac warranty, and waited for the next inexcusable defect to rear it's head.  Which, of course, it did, when the keyboard broke in November..

So I called Dell again, and this time I was treated like a god.  I spent 1 minute in hold, the tech confirmed the problem via remote session in about 5 minutes, and they scheduled a repair guy to come to my office two days later to fix it.  Of course, the repair guy installed the keyboard incorrectly and two function keys sit lower than the rest, but I was so pleased with the VIP treatment--where Dell fixes your system in under a year and doesn't gaslight you with bullsh"t ETA's just to get you off the phone--that I just didn't care.

TLDR; Buy the extended premium warranty, or don't buy Dell. 

Andrew Orr

If Dell/Alienware sucks...who is the king if gaming laptops? 

I own a razer15. Rtx 2070 i believe. I9 cpu.

I am upgrading to something with a Rtx2080. And an i9.

The Razer15 gets so hot underneath that i must use a pillow. The new x15 and x17 alienware models look nice with all that new thermal tech and i wonder if they will run at all cooler.

But if Asus is better, please say it. Or MSI. Or even Razer. (My razer touchpad failed).

Andrew Orr

Correction: i own a Razer with an i5, 6, or 7...not an i9.  Its a couple years old. Gets hot as hell m

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview