News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition Laptop Review: Cost-cutting not done right

Started by Redaktion, September 30, 2021, 08:43:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Mi NoteBook 14 Horizon Edition, Xiaomi aims to lower the entry point for a capable multimedia laptop. While the pricing seems right for a Core i7 Comet Lake device with discrete Nvidia MX350 graphics, it comes with several compromises. How do they affect overall usage? Let's find out.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Mi-NoteBook-14-Horizon-Edition-Laptop-Review-Cost-cutting-not-done-right.560999.0.html

vks1964

Sub: Poor performance of new Xiaomi  i7 notebook 14 Horizon Edition
Sir,
I have purchased a new Xiaomi  i7 notebook 14 Horizon Edition Laptop for Rs.59,000 less than six months before and I purchased the laptop for the reason that it carries i7 10th gen processor with 8 GB RAM Capacity but it has the following problems.  I could not open and work on two or more excel files which are in binary format and nearly of 100mb or more in size. The system gives the message "Excel found unreadable content in the file. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click yes."
Further, if at all some bigger files are opened and worked, I could not save the work done on the files. The system gives the message "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Chose less data or close other applications."
As a result many of the larger files on which work was done or updated could not be saved.
Does this show that the individual system owned by me is faulty or the capacity of the system is very much limited? Further I have to state I also have an old aspire 5740 model i3 laptop purchased 5 years before. This old laptop could easily handle the above files and can enable the working and the saving/storage of larger files.
Please clarify whether I have purchased a wrong laptop which is not having capacity to handle larger files or otherwise my individual system alone is faulty and requires reference to service. Please guide me since the system is within warranty period.
Can you please guide where the problem lies and which part of the laptop is most valuable to work upon multiple and larger files. And which one is a draw back in the above new Xiaomi  i7 notebook 14 Horizon Edition Laptop.
Please comment/reply,
Thanks in advance,
V Kumaraswamy
[email protected]

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview