News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Seesawing Intel Core i9-12900K sample with disabled AVX-512 teeters against the i9-11900K in preview benchmarks and fails to overwhelm the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

Started by Redaktion, September 26, 2021, 10:31:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A benchmark preview of the Intel Core i9-12900K has been accidentally posted online, and it shows the 12th Gen Alder Lake hybrid chip offering a seesaw-like performance against the Rocket Lake i9-11900K. While the engineering sample does show promise even without the AVX-512 instruction set, it could not shine against the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Zen 3 part.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Seesawing-Intel-Core-i9-12900K-sample-with-disabled-AVX-512-teeters-against-the-i9-11900K-in-preview-benchmarks-and-fails-to-overwhelm-the-AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X.566088.0.html

Anonymousgg

What's with dropping the AVX-512?

It would be really funny if AMD added AVX-512 to Raphael and beat Intel on its previously easy AVX-512 benchmark wins. I'm not sure if they will though.

JayN

Intel could be introducing  SPR HEDT chips.  The Golden Cove cores used in the Xeons have dual avx512 and the new amx tiled matrix operations.  See the wccftech article, "Intel Sapphire Rapids HEDT CPU & W790 Chipset Lineup Allegedly Planned For Q2 2022".

It looks like Intel could be doubling up choices to provide answers to the higher core count server and desktop challenges of Apple and AMD.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview