News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Surface Laptop Studio: A 120 Hz and Tiger Lake-H35 leap from the Surface Book series, but only North America will receive it before 'early 2022'

Started by Redaktion, September 22, 2021, 21:45:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Surface Laptop Studio is Microsoft's most exciting device in years, with a radically different design and a 120 Hz display. The 14.4-inch machine includes Tiger Lake-H35 processors too, but most people must wait until 'early 2022' before they can order it.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Surface-Laptop-Studio-A-120-Hz-and-Tiger-Lake-H35-leap-from-the-Surface-Book-series-but-only-North-America-will-receive-it-before-early-2022.563566.0.html

Dan6

Cool laptop. The only disappointment is RTX 3050 - they could fit at least RTX 3060 considering its thickness. But I think it will be quiet under load like other Surface devices.

flareon

The 2014 Vaio Z Flip called; it wants to know if it's mainstream now.

I think they really wanted to stay under that 100W USB-C PD limit so they didn't opt for 3060, which would have to be 60W by itself (and ideally 90-100W) at least to be worthwhile. Shame they didn't opt for an octa-core 15 W AMD chip to go with the GPU.

Dorby

This... seems like a downgrade design wise.

I wonder how Tiger Lake H35 performs? Doesn't seem to be on par with Ryzen H35 as far as battery life goes.

Paolo21

The 3050ti only has 4096 vram, compared to SB2/SB3 with 6GB vram.
Plus resolution is less but refresh rate is higher.

Not sure what to think...?

Bobby

I'd wonder if under load while plugged into the an outlet, if the power brick will able to be supply enough juice so the battery doesn't drain. Microsoft has had that issue on past Surface Book's before...

S.Yu

Quote from: Dan6 on September 22, 2021, 21:58:32
Cool laptop. The only disappointment is RTX 3050 - they could fit at least RTX 3060 considering its thickness. But I think it will be quiet under load like other Surface devices.
Yeah, but not the only, the battery also sounds like a disappointment, if they didn't have to go with that recessed design, I imagine it would at least offer another 10Wh, and 2 more C ports.
Quote from: flareon on September 22, 2021, 22:37:12
The 2014 Vaio Z Flip called; it wants to know if it's mainstream now.

I think they really wanted to stay under that 100W USB-C PD limit so they didn't opt for 3060, which would have to be 60W by itself (and ideally 90-100W) at least to be worthwhile. Shame they didn't opt for an octa-core 15 W AMD chip to go with the GPU.
Yeah, shame it didn't work out for...actually that's still Sony back then wasn't it, not the independent VAIO.
There isn't really a 100W PD limit though, there are semi-customized C ports that pass 120W, if not more, and are still backward-compatible with regular C port devices.
And again I'm concerned about how MS still stays at the end of each product cycle, even as Intel is playing catchup, now with M2 around the corner, how far behind does this fall compared to M1 Pro again...?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview