News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Evidence points to Mobvoi lying about upgrading the TicWatch E3 and TicWatch Pro 3 to the Snapdragon Wear 4100+

Started by Redaktion, September 22, 2021, 18:08:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Mobvoi is now advertising the TicWatch E3 and TicWatch Pro 3 as featuring the Snapdragon Wear 4100+, an SoC also found in the Fossil Gen 6. All evidence points to Mobvoi pulling the wool over people's eyes, unfortunately.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Evidence-points-to-Mobvoi-lying-about-upgrading-the-TicWatch-E3-and-TicWatch-Pro-3-to-the-Snapdragon-Wear-4100.563571.0.html

coolair6

Mobvoi is shady. Since buying a Ticwatch Pro 3 a year ago, I've received several incentives from them to post a positive review on Amazon in return for a set of earbuds. I'm happy with the watch and I would have posted a good review for free, but I'm not going to be a part of their shady marketing practices.

Kyle B

Jesus Christ give the supply chain a few weeks to get the new stock moved around and availible You can't go out to Amazon and buy a new watch the second a rumor pops up.

xpusostomos

The Ticwatch CAN use the dual display, though you don't have to, and I found it a bit boring compared to true AOD. At the end of the day, 4100 or 4100+ is irrelevant, what matters is battery life, because their speed is the same. I'm expecting the Ticwatch to still beat the Fossil easily on battery life, even with the true always on display. And who knows, maybe Fossil is also lying. Forget specs, go with functionality.

xpusostomos

I might add, you can shove a 4100+ in there, and it will do nothing for you without proper software support for the low power always on features. Even if Ticwatch is 100% truthful about the chip, they could have done no work to support it. Same for Fossil.

Felipe Manriquez

Mobvoi is shady. In their specs they state the watch is IP68. But then say the watch warranty does not cover water damage from showering or dish washing

Shane

Actually if u check qualcomms site it is showing the pro 3 always coming with the 4100+ I'm assuming people read the 4100 platform and misunderstood I have known since may when I purchased mine because I read qualcomms listing for the watch

KB21

I've had the Ticwatch Pro 3 since early Sept 2021 and found it to be laggy, sometimes unresponsive and generally hard to juggle multiple apps. The battery life, even with the All Day feature turned off read also poor.

Then I found out how to disable and remove all of the pre-installed Tic apps and it now works like a dream.

Paulo

Give it a few more weeks so the "new" version gets restocked. They won't just throw away the old stock with the 4100 chip. Same thing happened with the new Nintendo Switch with improved battery life, and that moves a lot more units than a smartwatch from an unknown brand.

Alex Alderson

Quote from: Kyle B on September 22, 2021, 23:38:31
Jesus Christ give the supply chain a few weeks to get the new stock moved around and availible You can't go out to Amazon and buy a new watch the second a rumor pops up.

A rumour? They changed their branding upwards of a month ago.

A company cannot advertise a product as having one chipset and then send out older models. Not how it works.

Alex Alderson

Quote from: Shane on September 23, 2021, 03:34:45
Actually if u check qualcomms site it is showing the pro 3 always coming with the 4100+ I'm assuming people read the 4100 platform and misunderstood I have known since may when I purchased mine because I read qualcomms listing for the watch

I'm afraid that is incorrect. Qualcomm advertises the Pro 3 and E3 as Wear 4100 watches. Even Mobvoi did until recently.

Here are some links to Qualcomm's website, note that it says Wear 4100+ for the Fossil Gen 6 only.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/wearables/wearables-device-finder/Tic-Watch-E3

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/wearables/wearables-device-finder/mobvoi-ticwatch-pro-3

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/wearables/wearables-device-finder/gen-6-smartwatch

Josh

I made an inquiry to Mobvoi about this and got this response:

Cathy (Mobvoi)

Sep 23, 2021, 11:17 GMT+8

Dear Josh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Mobvoi support team!

Kindly please be informed that "4100+" actually means "4100+ Dual System Platform", it's our mobvoi customized 4100, and there is no any difference with the previous 4100.

As always, thank you for supporting Mobvoi. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
The Mobvoi support team

US hotline: 888-830-9974
Canada hotline: 888-453-7924
(Monday- Friday 9:00-17:00 PST, for US&CA only)

Miguel Ángel

I've made yesterday the exact same question to Mobvoi's support.

The answer:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Maggie (Mobvoi)

Sep 24, 2021, 11:13 GMT+8
Hello Miguel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Mobvoi support team!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please kindly be informed that the TicWatch E3 has used the 4100+ Dual System Platform. We didn't make any changes to the watch hardware.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

The Mobvoi support team

US hotline: 888-830-9974
Canada hotline: 888-453-7924
(Monday- Friday 9:00-17:00 PST, for US&CA only)
-----------------------------------------------------------

???

Is it a 4100 or a 4100+?

Miguel Ángel

Mobvoi has changed the specs of the watch on their website.

It now says (again) that it is a Snapdragon 4100.

Catched with the hand in the cookie jar?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview