News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel i9-12900K Alder Lake CPU tested in Ashes of the Singularity, results suggest significant gains over AMD’s Ryzen 9 5950X

Started by Redaktion, September 21, 2021, 17:44:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AotS might not be a popular benchmarking tool due to its convoluted results, yet its reliance on CPU power seems to be great for highlighting Intel's Alder Lake performance. It is still unclear if the i9-12900K benefits from some overclocking treatment in this case, but the Alder Lake processor does seem to be 39% faster than the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X when coupled with an RTX 3080 running at High_1440p settings.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-i9-12900K-Alder-Lake-CPU-tested-in-Ashes-of-the-Singularity-results-suggest-significant-gains-over-AMD-s-Ryzen-9-5950X.562926.0.html

slo

Ashesh of Singularity dosnt support more than 24 threads cpus, so a 32 thread Ryzen 9 5950X does not work on it properly, while intels much weaker and lower specked 24 thread one works well.

This benchmark is a joke and claerly designed to make Intels cpu with weaker specs seem nonsensically faster.
Lucky i saw on twitter people point right away.

chuoi

tell me a game that can use 32 threads? Also 5950x is the one have advantage because 8 zen 3 threads can beat 8 gracemont cores easily

ThorstenMUC

Quote from: slo on September 21, 2021, 18:33:27
Ashesh of Singularity dosnt support more than 24 threads cpus...

This benchmark is a joke and claerly designed to make Intels cpu with weaker specs seem nonsensically faster.

The threat limitation on AOTS in deed is correct (though it definately has not been "designed" towards Intel why should Oxide Games, when even sponsored by AMD)

But your conclusion "Intel being much weaker" is totally wrong!

Taking the unrealistic, optimal assumption, that Ryzen would linearly scale up from 24 to 32 threads it would result in 13.466 points - so still a little slower, than Alder Lake.

But more impressive i9 is delivering this performance with an 8+8 configuration. And it's a valid assumption, that the efficency-cores (Gracemount) are slower, than Zen 3 ... but that means the P-Cores must be significantly faster, than Zen 3 to make up for this.
And it also shows, that this Big/little setup in deed scales very well over all cores.

So Alder Lake i9 can compete well with current 16 core Zen3 in multithreaded loads, but up to 8 cores+HT - so modern-games - in deed it's significantly faster, than Zen3 (without 3D cache).

Alder Lake seems to be a very good processor-choice for a lot of usecases... let's hope Zen3 can benefit from more Cache, so the competition keeps pushing innovation.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview